New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens

Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens
Ranked #133 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Manassas, Virginia
“Not Safe.. Not for Family”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I do not understand how there are hundreds of reviews of this place all stating the discusting, unsanitary, completely horrendous conditions and from the very first review the management and staff and owner of this location keep saying the same things, That they have rectified the situation, Blah, Blah Blah!
Thats why this place keeps getting Damning Reviews Right!

I checked in on Dec 27, 2012 Walked in to room 144 The door had been pried open in the past the bottom of the door did'nt even close properly. Next thing I noticed was.. The carpet was Black and Sticky! The room smelled Rank, Cobwebs in the corners of the room, the beds looked as if they had just thrown the blankets back over them. every surface had something clinging to it, dirt, hair, who knows.
I will tell you this... I called the front desk.. Jah answered, I explained everything, he said he would accomodate me with another room, Ha, Ha, Ha...Said "No Thank You" I want my money back! When I got to the front desk He tried to talk me into a different room because it's not there policy to give a dissatisfied customer there money back.... "Really" ? Well... I got my money back!
Funny thing , He asked if I would give them a good review... Was he Joking?

Room Tip: Not for family, you couldnt pay me to stay here
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Rebeccah T
James A, Manager at Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thats why this place keeps getting Damning Reviews Right!

Will I am truly sorry you had a bad experience I have to take exception to several of your statements in the review. We do take review very serious, and when it is stated by myself or any of our staff that we are addressing the issues that is exactly what occurs despite what you may think. I have already issued a work order to have the door in question checked and repairs needed addressed.

I will also point out that you have correctly noted the over 100 poor reviews. I will also point out that we sell over 25,000 room nights and while that number appears high, it is actually less than 1/2 of a percent (.05%) of our guests staying. Most enjoy a comfortable clean room. However, like any business sometimes we fail to do our job properly.

I do appolgize for our lack of attention to your needs and hope you will try us again in the future.
We are working hard here to improve our service to our customers and will continue to do so. I am sure your next stay will be much different, but if you have problems in the future, please request to speak to me directly and I will attend to your problems personally.

James Averill,
Sr. Exec. Mgr.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)