“Bed bugs!!”

Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens
Ranked #135 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
“Bed bugs!!”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

this place is totally disgusting.my husband and I intended to stay one nite,we had been in the room maybe an hour before I saw a very plump bed bug waddling across the sheets of the bed.mgr offered another room,really no point as im positive the entire place is infested!

• Stayed June 2012
daysinnwestofbuschga, Webmaster at Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your attempt to stay at Days Inn West of Busch Gardens during your recent stay in our area.

• Maintenance was informed of your report of a bedbug in the room assigned to you and instructed to look into the matter and see to any needed extermination.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Days Inn West of Busch Gardens. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Korean first
Essex, Vermont
Reviewed May 30, 2012

This hotel is used for nothing but partying and drug activities. Room service was zero to none, i had the same pillow case for 4 nights! One towel the first two night, never vacuumed, never cleaned the coffee pot....the list goes on! we were so scared that we took the two chairs in the room and propped them up against the door in case of a break in! Stay far away from this hotel if you have children! and if you don't have children plan on being awake until at least 2am because of all the noise!!!!

Room Tip: Pay the extra money and stay away from this hotel across from busch gardens!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Days Inn West of Busch Gardens for your recent stay in our area.

• Staff received additional training in the courteous, helpful manner in which you, our valued guest, are to be treated.

• Management was approached about your feeling of insecurity.

• Management was approached about their responsibility to see to it that our valued guests remember to be thoughtful of their fellow guests and keep the noise level at a reasonable level.

Bogart, Georgia, United States
Reviewed April 28, 2012

to start of very bad area.nothing but getto around there, when we checked in we went to the room and when i open my door i thought it was going to come off,then i opened my curtian to let the sun in the only view i had was of a bunch of beds in a storge area,they could at least blocked the window out.then we upacked and the room was very nasty,walked on the carpet your feet turned black. the bath room was very bad i sat on the tolioite and i thought i was going to fall in the tub thats how loose it was ,the shower head was falling apart.the plugs had no covers on them, then i went out to get something out of my car and these 2 guys were in trying to get in my car.as soon as they saw me they left,then there is prostitution being run out of the rooms,all night long they were in and out. and the was a pimps car parked out there all night long.they mades suck there and the security sucks as well. dont let the pics fool you . i will never bring my family in there again. people if you see this hotel keep driving,you dont feel safe in there.

Room Tip: there is a red roof inn down the road from there much better,and a laquinta
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing Days Inn West of Busch Gardens

• Maintenance was notified of the loose toilet and showerhead in the room assigned to you as well as the plugs having no covers. They were instructed to see to any needed repairs or replacements.

Management was informed of your feeling of insecurity and ways in which security could be increased were discussed.

gainesville fl
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Room unmade, dirty sheets, towels on floor. Front desk says we could come get clean stuff and make the room ready ourselves, since they did not have staff in the evening to do that. When I became agitated (on the phone), the front desk told me that if I got "short" with him, I'd go nowhere and get nothing done! I eventually lodged a complaint. A few days later I got an email saying that we could get a night free if we stay there again. Well, if that is first prize, I guess that the second prize would be TWO nights free! Done with Days Inn, thank you very much.

Room Tip: For a good room and good service, go to a different m/hotel.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank leviolonist
Dear Guest,

• Front desk staff received additional training in the courteous manner in which you, our valued guest, are to be treated.

Reviewed March 30, 2012

Staff was unpleasant. The room was horrible the top comforter was filthy. I got a rash while there. It was horrible and due to Busch Gardens location the area of town was not up to my standards given it is a major theme park. Future trips to Busch Gardens will not include an overnight stay!

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank good_mom2012
Dear Guest,

• Staff received additional training in the courteous manner in which you, our valued guest, are to be treated.

Columbus
Reviewed March 18, 2012

After my bad vibe at microtel inn and suites on church st. i went days in. e busch is like the only street that lets u check in b4 11am 03/08/2012. I had so many papers to sign and feel out . I was in their computer system. @ microtel inn and suite they do not have a computer data base storing any of your information. and you never have proof that you even checked in.

Leaving the front desk at days in . I had all my proper paperwork. Signed a lot of papers . and had valid parking papers.

I decided to be where all the action was . right across the street from busch gardens. the police station a block up on 3oth.

The place was deep green a bit outdated. But i was comfortable. I requested a front room bottom floor . no connected or shared doors. Everything was peaceful. taco bell was 20 feet away from my door. red lobster was a block to the left. And i had a video surveillance directly on my room. it was perfect. Nothing was like being able to walk out your door and be right on the E busch live strip. food. bars. and more all there.

I partied in ybor city though. at the Skye , and the G - Bar. Perfect for the rainbow bright.

One thing i didnt understand. the maintenance man replaced my light bulb. but the bathroom never worked again the whole time i was in room 119. o.0

Fridge microwave cable wifi. i was at peace. i felt so comfortable i ditched my friend

Room Tip: 119. Make sure the bathroom light works..... after my other hotel experience .... i didn't have...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Ayshieka G
South Florida, Florida
Reviewed March 17, 2012

If you can't afford better then this, you should sleep in your car! I was traveling to Busch Gardens with family who weren't savvy travelers and they booked this place through Orbitz - they apparently didn't read the reviews on Orbitz because those are all horrible. We pull into this place and it's like an old no-tell motel built in the 1950's with vagrants hanging around outside. The entire exterior is dirty and worn out - really how much would pressure washing and paint cost!

As bad as the exterior was, the interior was a nightmare and I felt itchy just standing in the room. Bleach is one of the cheapest cleaning supplies, but the bathroom floor looked like it had never been bleached since construction - hello nobody wants to see mold and mildew in hotel bathrooms and this place is thick with it! The furniture and bedspreads were older then I am and every inch of the place is dinged up and dirty and the odor hits you the second you walk in the door.

The AC didn't work and when we were playing with it we found red algae and black mildew all over the inside! Went to the front desk and the guy said he'd have their maintenance man over to fix it. Yah right I'm so sure that would have happened - it's 8:00 at night and hot as heck and we want to sit there waiting for a guy to show up in the middle of the night only to say he can't fix it without ordering parts or something!

My son told him the room was just not acceptable in any way and the front desk clerk had the nerve to say since we opened the door to the room we had to pay for the night! WHAT? I've inspected rooms at hotels before and found them lacking and been promptly given a refund. This guy says to us "oh no I will get paid - Oribitz will pay me and I'm not giving you any refund" and he tried to give us a receipt dated for the next day check-out like we stayed over night! My son had to fight with him just to get that date changed back to the real day and we left with the intention of getting a refund from Orbitz...um no they only gave a travel voucher for another future trip (stuff like this is why I only book directly with hotels and use coupon books rather then these online travel sites.)

In my years of traveling, I've seen some bad hotels but I have to say this one is so substandard that Days Inn should revolk the franchise as it's an embarrassment, and all the online travel sites should quite renting it. Tampa in spring break is fully booked so after leaving this dump we would up driving 30 miles to a Sleep Inn in Palmetto, FL and we were so happy we did!

Room Tip: Entire hotel should be demolished!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Dear Manchulu,

Thank you for your attempt to stay at Days Inn West of Busch Gardens during your recent visit to our area. I am sorry it was not what your family members had expected to find.

• Days Inn and Oribiz were notified of your report of the condition of the establishment.

• The front desk clerk received additional training in the courteous, helpful manner ins which you, our valued guest, are to be treated.

• Maintenance was informed of your report of a non-working A/C in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to any needed repair or replacement.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to attempt to stay at Days Inn West of Busch Gardens. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.