WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens

Travelodge Tampa/ West Of Busch Gardens
Ranked #133 of 161 Hotels in Tampa
Palm Coast, Florida
“You get what you pay for”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2007

My family and I went to Howl-O-Scream last weekend. We decided to stay here since it is the closest hotel to Busch Gardens. After a long work day and 3 hour drive, We finally arrived. Upon check in I overheard the fornt desk clerk tell 3 people to come see him for towels as none were in their rooms. This can happen I figured, no problem, I just want sleep.

We went to our room, upon opening the door it smelt very damp and musty. I heard a drip coming from the bathroom so I went to investigate, there on the floor were roaches, and the tub was full of water. I drained the tub, ignored the roaches and went to sleep.

The next morning I went to take a shower, only to find the cold water was the only knob that worked. There was hot water at the sink, just not the shower. The shower head was attached with duck tape, the knob to turn the shower on and off didn't work, all the water came out the shower head, no chance for a bath. Again more roaches. We finally were given another room. Upon opening this door, the door latch plate fell off, which meant one good push and the door would open not a good thing for that part of town. On to room number 3, this one smelt the worst, at least the tub worked and the door jamb wasn't broken, and I didn't see bugs. I did however notice long dark hairs on my pillows and sheets I can brush these off, but I will sleep in my clothes. We decide to keep this room and enjoy what we could of the weekend. Atleast it has no bugs yet and the shower works.
After a nice hot shower I started to used the hair dryer, it sparked and started to smoke.

On a good note, my girlfriend forgot a piece of luggage when we left. When we got it back, everything was there.

This was by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. I will NEVER do it again.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Everything in between
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank mpuppy2000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
alabama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2007

I found this hotel using a coupon book from the interstate rest stop, so got it for $39.99...not worth any more than that. The room was OK for the price. The onsite Dennys with 20% off was OK....nice change from standard continental breakfast, but with family of 4, take that extra money and go to a nicer hotel with free breakfast. They are correct that they are across the street from Busch Gardens, but if you try to walk to the front gate, you'll be tired...just stay somewhere else and pay the $9 parking.

• Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank Tom L
Parrish, FL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2007

My Brother booked two rooms here for my Bachelor party and the hotel was horrible! First we had rooms 140 and 142. So we unpacked everything in 142 and noticed the tub was constantly running water and roaches were in the tub. Then they were crawling around when I was on the toilet and I had to fend them off with my foot (how sick is that?!). So we called and complained and had to go back to the front desk. They gave us room # 146 instead of 142, so we checked it out. The air conditioning was broke in that room, so we called back the front desk. They told us to come get another room key for a different room. It was raining pretty good as this point and it was 2AM. We said no, this place is in a horrible state, please bring us the key, it's late, raining, and we are in our underwear. They hung-up on us! So we went to the front desk and turned in our keys and left. They told us they're still going to bill us for the stay (though we didn't spend the night), so it is going to get disputed on my Brothers credit card. AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS!

• Liked — Location was convient to Busch Gardens
  • Disliked — Everything else!!
  • Stayed October 2007
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank medalian1
Waimea, Hawaii
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2007

We had stay for two nights there because the location is really near to Busch Garden, although the price was really competitive but unfortunatelly the condition of amenities are really old and need repairs.

We had one king bed room which was in the second floor near the stairs. The bed was tilt in the middle when you lay down on the bed and in result got a back ache the next morning. The bathroom was small and the fan in the bathroom was so loud. However housekeeper clean the bed everyday. Hope the management could change the bed.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — amenities: bedding, bathroom etc.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
1 Thank JavaJive
Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2007

We had two-day tickets to Busch Gardens, and needed a nearby place to stay overnight. We were expecting a basic, budget hotel room, and were extremely disappointed with this place. The employee who checked us in was extremely rude. When we presented a discount coupon from one of the hotel's advertisements, he said "you pre-paid in advance, I don't know how to process this!" so we never did receive the discount that the hotel itself had offered.
The rooms were very, very dirty. The carpets were so unclean that just walking across them made the bottoms of our feet dirty. The bathroom had broken tiles in the tub, and it's questionable that it had been cleaned before we checked in. There was a distinct foul odor coming from the AC unit.
The ice machines on the first floor, where our room was located, were both broken - we ended up going to a local convenience store to buy ice for the night!
When we took the kids down to the pool to swim, we were shocked to find what appeared to be neighborhood kids rough-housing in the pool. We watched them ride up the street on their bikes, park them in the parking lot outside the pool gates, and walk right into the pool area to swim. We also saw an adult male at the pool who didn't have a suit and had simply stripped down to his white briefs to swim.
The only positive we can share -- the TV was somewhat new, and had good reception.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank TravelersFromPA
Scotland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2007

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The room smelled musty and damp and without looking too hard you just knew it wasn't very clean. The car park seemed like a dumping ground. Don't be fooled by the photographs on the site – the reception seems to be a new building totally separate from the rooms. We didn't feel very safe either and slept with a chair under the door handle. It was such a disappointment to be going back to the hotel after the great day we had had at Busch Gardens. We only stayed one night and that was too long. Never again.

• Liked — near Busch Gardens
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank TILLY2406
Dunfermline Scotland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2007

we stayed one night at this hotel when we visited Busch Gardens. We didnt expect much since we only payed 45 dollars for the night but we did expect clean sheets on the beds.
The parking lot was a mess and gave a bad impression right away, but when we got in the room and pulled back the sheets there were stains on them and [-] hairs in the bed. I think the housekeeper must have thought that they would get away with just making the bed after a one night stay rather than change the sheets. they did change the sheets when I complained.There was no safe in the room either and the room smelled. Isuppose you only get what you pay for but I will pay more next time and go elsewhere.

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — Dont know where to start
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple