“Busch gardens”

Ranked #59 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Coral Springs
“Busch gardens”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

The hotel overall was very good, updated, new carpet, very clean, my suite had all the equipment, 2 TV, refrigerator, and coffee maker, is a shame that when you ask for 2 bags of coffee, is not delivered, with out explanation, and the lady with the radio at the front desk says is going to be there in a few minutes, but that was not true, and this one was supposed to be included.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Israel P
Beverly M, General Manager at Courtyard Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I amso happy that you enjoyed the hotel and our new rooms. I do apologize that we had a swrvice shortfall in regards to the coffee for your room. I assure you that I have addressed this with my team so that it will not hapen again. I truly appreciate your feedback and home you visit us again soon,

Bev

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I stayed here alone and felt very safe. It it relatively close to the airport - about 10 minutes and a pretty easy drive to there. It's close to a lot of dining and shopping. They had a nice package that included breakfast that you order from their Bistro and the food was pretty good. It was nice and clean throughout.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
I know as a female traveler myself it can be somewhat unnerving when travelling alone, but I am so glad that you felt at home and comfortable at our hotel and with my team, because that is why we are here! We want to be your home away from home. I am so glad you took advantage of our Breakfast package on your recent stay with us, it really is a a great deal.

I hope you come back to see us again soon!
Oneonta, Alabama
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We left from the port of Tampa on carnival paradise and stayed at this hotel because we are Marriott reward members &they offered a cruise & park package which is the only way to go if you drive in. The hotel was very nice in a great location close to dining & shopping. It was very clean with a super friendly staff. James finch the front desk manager was awesome! He was incredibly helpful and very friendly. I would definitely stay here again if I'm back in the Tampa area for a cruise. They had everything ready and all of our arrangements made & waiting when we arrived.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the great review! Our "Park & Cruise" package is pretty new package that we were so excited to get started and we are so happy that you had the opportunity to take advantage of it. It really is a benefit for those flying in - but still need transportation to the Port, and those driving in, but don't want to pay the fees for parking at the Port, plus as you mentioned we are close to shopping and restaurants too!

I thank you again for staying with us and hope you had a terrific cruise!
South Florida
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

We were very pleasantly surprised with our stay here. Our hotel room is clean and comfortable . I love that this hotel is smoke free . The courtyard areas are landscaped beautifully . Upon check in we were made to feel welcomed and safe(introduced to the security guard on duty). Safety is priority one for my family which is why we opted to stay here during our weekend at Busch Gardens. Lots of restaurants close by too!

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for your great review of our hotel and our team! I am so happy your enjoyed your stay and the experiences with my team. My staff is committed to providing excellent customer service and I am very proud them! I am happy that liked our landscaped Courtyard area, it really is a realxing area, and I hope you had a lot of fun at Busch Gardens!

Looking forward to have you back again!
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My mom and I were going to take a cruise from here, so we came into town a day early and did an app search of a hotel nearby that we could stay in. We found this Courtyard ranked pretty good, so we decided to give it a go. Let's just say I really enjoyed this place.

We came in and were talking with lady checking us in. My mom had forgotten her AARP card but mentioned it and we were given the discount. Very cool. We also mentioned while talking that we were going to go on a cruise the next day. They offer a shuttle service from here. $20 per person round trip. You just need to keep a hold of the ticket you are given so when you get back in you'll have no problem riding the shuttle back. They allow you to keep your car on their property with a tag stating day you will come back so there are no issues of your car staying here. They also had someone patrolling the grounds quite often on a golf cart which was reassuring. So instead of paying $14 or whatever it is a day at the port, if you plan on staying the night before, this place is great. Pay your night, and then save on parking. Yeah, paying for a shuttle takes away a bit of savings but you still save. Also saves you the trouble of having to get out of a parking garage with a bunch of other people getting off ship too. We were far enough away from that that we got to the hotel and were able to go back home quickly. Very awesome and would recommend this for anyone taking a cruise out of Tampa. Not having to worry about finding the port and all. Especially great if you're out longer than the 5 day cruise we were on.

The room itself was very comfortable. Two very large beds with lots of pillows. Free wifi which was great. (If you wanted to do anything major like watch YouTube videos or anything imagine you'd have to upgrade to the paid version, going by their descriptions I saw.) But for just chatting and reading the news and all it was great. Bathroom was spacious and really nice.

Restaurant they have downstairs is okay. It's pretty limited, if you're expecting a more robust one like we were initially, but I really enjoyed their wraps.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MukuSix
Wow- I can't thank you enough for the great review of our hotel and our team! I am so happy that you got to experience just about everything, including the shuttle package we have to the Cruiseport. I hop you had the opportunity to check out our own great pool and Courtyard area to relax and get you in the tropical mode before heading out on the cruise!

Please come back to stay with us again!
Newport News, Virginia
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This hotel provided me a great stay. The rennovations were completed and room, hallways and public spaces were immaculate. The staff was courteous and helpful. They have a great Bistro providing excellent meals and a Starbucks. Good location with access to I-275 and stadium, along with other entertainment venues. Nice shaded courtyard and pool. Recommend

Room Tip: Get a room above the 1st floor
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and our great new rooms! I am so grateful for the very kind words ayou have about my team, and I am glad you enjoyed the great new items on our Bistro and Starbucks menus!

Please come back to visit us again soon!
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I just spent one night here, and as the previous reviewer stated, they are under renovation, but luckily it wasn't noticeable for me except for the lack of the far elevator. There was no noise disturbance. I did request a quiet room.

The upgrades were nice, such as the hallways & rooms had new paint, but you could still detect a few things that would be harder to upgrade, such as the way the doors shut so loudly and the toilets also are loud.

I like that there are refrigerators in the room, and our room had an especially nice view of the pool area/nicely landscaped courtyard. Plus a cute balcony facing the courtyard.

The front desk people were very helpful, and my boyfriend was able to get their free shuttle from the airport to the hotel. Also they gave me good directions to Whole Foods which is nearby.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
I really appreciate you staying with us through our renovation and thank you for your understanding about the elevator used during the redo. I am glad you enjoyed the new upgrades to our rooms and corridors, and know that I have taken note of your concerns with the doors and toilets,so that we can make your entire stay enjoyable. I am so happy you had the opportunity to enjoy our Courtyard and pool area. It is really our own little tropical paradise!

Thank you again for staying with us and please come back!