“Popular With the Locals But Service Was Indifferent.”

Pho Quyen Restaurant
Ranked #173 of 2,430 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I go there because my husband likes the "Pho" (Vietnamese soup). We figured that it had recently changed ownership as they servers did not look familiar. I ordered the rice noodles with the pork barbecue slices. The taste was average. Our waitress did not come back to check how our food was or if we needed something.

1  Thank TRAVELdglobenow
There are newer reviews for Pho Quyen Restaurant

Reviewed June 20, 2012

The Pho here is nothing special, I left feeling as though I could have done better. The restaurant has a damp smell and most importantly the service was extremely slow for a Pho restaurant. The broth lacked the complex seasonings you normally associate with good Pho. I ordered the meatball Pho and it was just OK. Nothing special,nothing bad just middle of the road no frills and no thrills Pho. i wouldn't recommend this place but I wouldn't trash the place either. If you just want to satisfy the Pho urge go here but if you want better go elsewhere.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

I really like Vietnamese food, especially Pho and Vietnamese Egg RollsI come here every other week for a big bowl of beefy goodness. I get the mixed Pho with the beed, brisket, tripe and other goodies. When it comes I swirl the noodles around to break them up, put in some chile paste, some jalapeños, greens and sprouts. I take off my glasses because splashing occurs and I dive in. Even when it is 95 degrees in Tampa, a bowl of this soup really hits the right spot.

1  Thank Jim B
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I have ordered some stirf fry type dishes from here and they were just okay. But that's not what you come here for. You come here for Pho!

I've had a couple of different kinds of pho. I've had the pho chay which is a vegetarian version. And today I had pho with chicken. The chicken was delicious. I would definitely recommend it.

This is one of the cleanest pho restaurants I've been in. There is another Vietnamese restaurant almost directly across the street on Fowler which I haven't been to. However I doubt it can compete with the delicious Pho and clean interior of Pho Quyen.

1  Thank corvus_12
Reviewed February 28, 2012

I have had much better food and service elsewhere. Waitress brought wrong dish and refused to take it back but happy to charge full price although I did not eat it