“Ok but could've been better”
Review of Petey Brown's - CLOSED

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Melbourne, FL
“Ok but could've been better”
Reviewed September 15, 2010

This restaurant is in the lobby of the Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay. We ate here for their buffet breakfast on a Sunday morning for $16 a person. Everything was tasty except the french toast was dry and lukewarm. They have a lot of fruit, yogurt, oatmeal and other healthy options as well as sausages, bacon, eggs but no pancakes or omlettes.

1 Thank Elizsa80

East Orlando, FL
“Excellent breakfast buffet, way overpriced.”
Reviewed August 24, 2009

We dined once for breakfast at Petey Brown's at the Grand Hyatt, Tampa Bay.

The breakfast buffet at Petey's is expansive, including pastires, hot foods, cereals, fresh fruits and more. The service is good and the food is outstanding. I especially enjoyed the berry tart and the hot breakfast items. Everything at Petey Brown's breakfast buffet is top-notch.

The only problem I encountered is that I was led to believe through the hotel website that the breakfast was included with my stay. In addition, when the four of us went down for breakfast, I was seated and told that I could eat the buffet, or I could pay for the items I wanted from the menu. This further led me to believe that the breakfast buffet was included, so we got our food. I was wrong, and it was my mistake for not asking...but also Petey Brown's mistake for not clearly indicating the price of the buffet. At any rate, I got slapped with a $100 bill for breakfast.

Knowing what I know now...it is a much better deal to get in the car and take the roads to the local Denny's or other breakfast place...you will get a better value and you can also see more of the town that way. Or...just make extra sure that breakfast is included with your stay.

1 Thank gargamel
Tampa
“Enjoyable meal”
Reviewed May 9, 2009

I have eaten at that restaurant over a dozen times of the past ten years. I ALWAYS enjoy the relaxed atmosphere, but relish the delicious food. It is hot, tasty, and pleasantly presented. Whether eating from the buffet which has fresh fruits and vegetables, or hot soups, or even ordering your own items, the staff is wonderful.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Very nice lunch buffet but is noisey and busy with business meetings. Made to order pasta bar the day I was there. I...”
Reviewed June 12, 2008

Very nice lunch buffet but is noisey and busy with business meetings. Made to order pasta bar the day I was there. I will go back the food was very good.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook