“Loved the Lobster Bisque”

Mitchell's Fish Market
Reserve with OpenTable
Mitchell's Fish Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #72 of 2,430 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Kennedy
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I visited Mitchell's Fish Market for lunch last week. It was my first visit, and it won't be my last. I had a cup of the Lobster Bisque with the Char-Broiled Oysters as my main course. The Lobster Bisque was the best I've tasted in a long time. I will definitely order it again on my next visit. The oysters are great if you like a lot of cheese & butter on them. The flavors were good, and there was plenty of bread at the table to soak up the buttery sauce. Unfortunately, I have to agree with the previous reviewer. I couldn't taste the oysters because the parmesan cheese overpowered them. I also was expecting a better than average sized oyster for the price. In other words, I've had fresher tasting oysters in the area for much less. I will still go back to try other items on the menu. The service is exceptional, and the atmosphere is warm and inviting.

There are newer reviews for Mitchell's Fish Market

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Good meals, but over priced for what you get, we paid over $100 for no alcohol or deserts, YIKES!!!

Food was good, service was excellent, but priced way to high for what you get.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

This is a great restaurant, its relaxed, friendly, and very clean. View the fish market and shell fish being opened before you order. Weather its Fish & Chips or a full Dinner plate, you can't go wrong. We ate lunch, and returned for dinner in the same day.Ice cold draft beer and a large list of wines.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

This is the second time I have eaten in this restaurant. It is located within the WestShore Plaza Mall. The choice of cocktails is plenty and delicious. I really enjoyed the seafood which is always fresh. I have the seabass, ShangHai style, which is light and refreshing. The spinach salad was delicious. The only disappointment was the Charboiled oysters,they were dry and overcooked. In addition, the cheese overpowered the oysters. I would not order this dish again.

1  Thank DavidNYC11
Reviewed February 8, 2014

There were eight of us and they were really great at finding a place where we could be away from noise and hear each other. We all had different dishes and every one was great. The waitress was attentive and cared.