“Best donuts in town”

Nicola's Donut Shop
Ranked #11 of 54 Bakeries in Tampa
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I've been to the famous Voodoo Donuts in Portland, Oregon, and these are better. I liked donuts before, but they were not a major attraction for me. Now, whenever we have guests we bring them to Nicola's, and everyone loves them. If you like donuts and you come to Tampa, you have to try this place. The chocolate frosting is thick and rich, and the Bavarian cream is straight out of a Boston Cream Pie. My absolute favorite.

Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

Def not a place you'd stop by just driving by... But you really should! Best breakfast treat ever! ( or until they sell out for he say). Blueberry is terrific.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

My work orders donuts from Nicola's every Friday, which is just another reason why I love Fridays. These donuts are awesome! They're great for breakfast, but they would also make for a great dessert because they're cake-style. Do not miss the bear claws - they're the best I've ever had.

Reviewed March 25, 2012

Want great donuts at a reasonable price? Go here! Freshly made donuts that taste good. We bought a dozen assorted donuts. Much better than Dunkin. They only sell what they made for the day. So get there early. Worth the extra drive if it is not close. Only two locations in Tampa area.

1  Thank RangerBobIsHere
Reviewed November 8, 2011

Cheaper by the dozen but always tempted to eat them all while they are deliciously fresh! This time we decided to freeze half and that worked out really well. Within a week we thawed them at room temperature and they were still great. Commercial donuts all taste mass produced these days so if you want authentic freshly made, you can't beat Nicola's. They have 2 shops - Busch for pickup only and north Dale Mabry with a few tables. Call the night before for large orders.

Been to Nicola's Donut Shop? Share your experiences!