“Eh”

Salem Gyro & Submarine
Ranked #1,663 of 2,637 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed November 1, 2015

I was craving a gyro when we happened to be driving by here so we decided to stop in. When we first walked in we realized that we were the only people there, that can always be a bit scary. The menu is very random. They have anything from gyros to lomein. We decided on the fries, chicken gyro, and chicken philly. Our total was $18. The service was okay. The food did not take too long to prepare and it was all nice hot. Fries were fresh. The philly and the gyro were "eh". The gyro was really bland. The philly was okay but nothing I would go back for.

Reviewed November 15, 2014 via mobile

Great food. Great price. Lots to chose from. And the place is very clean.
All halal except the wings!!
Open till 5am sometimes.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

It is quite close to my place and I visit it after week or 2 week break, got a decent menu and decent place. Have eaten a few things on the menu, chicken biryani is decent but not a fan of the onions in it. Didnt like the buffalo wings at all, chicken tenders are very nice though, gyro is also quite good and a mouthful.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I love their Gyros and the Greek salad. It is the best in town. I met the owners (2 brothers) in 1985 where that started a small working in a restaurant on Kennedy blvd. Because of their dedication (Yahya and Salem) to great food, they are the best in town.

Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

Always delicious after a night in Ybor/channelside. Gyros and fries satisfy late night cravings.

Been to Salem Gyro & Submarine? Share your experiences!