“Great Place. Nice family atmosphere. Didn't even order the pizza...yet.”
Review of Mellow Mushroom

Mellow Mushroom
Ranked #285 of 2,567 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Healthy
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 19, 2013

My wife and I have heard very good things about the place. So, on a Sunday afternoon we stopped in for lunch. Very nice atmosphere. Laid back, yet professional, clean, cool decor. The staff and decor reminded me of my college days, haha.

The staff was very friendly, the prices were reasonable and the food was great. Mushroom soup was awesome . Mushroom burger, salad and peperoni calzone were great too. You know when cheese is REAL and fresh and just tastes great? It really sets it apart from other pizza places. Well thats how the crust and cheese tasted on the calzone.

They have a bar area, so it may be fun to go at night as well. We will definetly go back for the pizza. I highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

About a 30 minute wait on a friday night. We ordered the mushroom soup, caprese salad, and half white rabbit/ half meatball ricotta pizza. All the food was exceptional (except the 1/2 meatball pizza which was just ok). My husband ordered a beer paddle with 6 draft samplers which was fun. The waitress was very polite and knowledgeable and even brought us a few testers. The only flaw in our service was that she forgot our utensils but it was really busy and accidents happen. Overall we had a great experience.

Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Came here for a salad, pizza and wine with my husband and daughter. Very good food. Very casual atmosphere.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

It is hard to find good pizza in Tampa. Really. We were familiar with Mellow Mushroom as it is a small chain with numerous locations in Atlanta. We've been there many times. The pizza tastes great. There is a lot of choice. The service is always good, but extremely laid back. I'm not a fan of the taste of some of the non-pizza items, but there is a lot to choose from. We had the soft pretzels for an appetizer and then pizzas. We will go back many more times in the future.

Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Walked into the restaurant and was seated quickly. We order the white rabbit pizza and a made to order pizza. Both were very delicious. Our server was very friendly and helpful. Great gem in Westchse! Cannot wait to return!

Been to Mellow Mushroom? Share your experiences!