“Great Pizza”

Cuisines: American, Pizza, Healthy
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Had dinner at the Mellow Mushroom. They have the best pizza ever! The prices are reasonable and the service was good.

We would go here again for sure.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Stopped by the Mellow Mushroom, Tampa, FL for lunch and had a wonderful meal. We were seated immediately, asking for outside seating on the patio. Our drink order was taken and we ordered our food at the same time. Drinks came quickly and food in a timely manner. I ordered the philly steak sandwich on a French hoagie roll and my wife ordered the same half sandwich. When the food arrived the portions were very generous and in the end I only could eat 1/2 of mine and my wife 1/2 of hers. One bag of chips was sufficient for both of us. The restaurant has an extensive beer menu including local and regional craft beers, with something for about everyone. Menu items are pizza, sandwiches, calzones, and salads. Our sandwiches were perfectly done and delicious and we noted others were enjoying their pizza. The service was excellent during our meal. There is sufficient parking in the parking lot behind the restaurant. We wil definitely be coming back here again for the steak sandwich and will be trying the pizza, also.

Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Great, great pizza! Lots of very good toppings, salty crust, and super fresh ingredients. Hard to believe this is a chain. Staff always friendly and attentive, nice outdoor patio.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Being from Chicago and have traveled to NYC a few times I don't expect much when I order pizza elsewhere especially when I travel to Tampa. BUT for Florida (and I lived in FLA for 8 loooong years) this is about the best pizza you can get. Good choice of specialty pizza's and last time I was there I got the house calzone which was very decent. The staff is always friendly and helpful when you got questions. Parking mostly sucks, but other than that it is worth a stop by. Good beer choice as well.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I have driven by this restaurant a few times and finally decided to stop and check it out. I was immediately struck by the atmosphere...very casual, which suits us in Florida. We sat down and were pleased that someone came over and took our drink orders. He also took some time to explain some of the menu items, as we'd never been here before.

This is a place that demands patience. They bake everything to order so it takes a little time. If you need quick, go somewhere else.

The food is definitely worth the wait.

My wife ordered from the "Build Your Own Calzone" menu and the calzone was a monster. I ordered the steak and cheese hoagie. There was a cheese I'd never heard of before and he brought me a sample. They switched out the Provolone for the other cheese at no charge.

Everything was amazing. The bread was crisp on the outside and fluffy on the inside. My wife said the pizza dough they used for her calzone was the best she'd ever had, and after tasting it I have to agree. The server was attentive throughout, even though I pushed him on my free refills. He earned a great tip for his work and we are planning our next trip back, with friends this time.

Been to Mellow Mushroom? Share your experiences!