“A Favorite For Lunch!” 4 of 5 bubbles

BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse
Ranked #267 of 2,356 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pizza
Good for: Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tampa, Florida
“A Favorite For Lunch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

I've eaten here many times and it's typically during lunch. Mostly meeting friends, clients and flying solo. I usually choose to sit in the bar area and have consistently found the service and food to be excellent. The service has always been attentive, friendly & quick. This is one of the reasons I love this place for lunch. They have a great selection of beer on tap and some of my food favorites are: fish n chips, grilled chicken w/ angel hair pasta, roast beef dip and their deep dish Great White pizza. I eat here once a week and I'd recommend it.

tampa,fl
“Issues”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

We went to this restaurant for a birthday in the family. There was a 45 min. wait. That is fine; however, when we went to the bar & we saw someone leaving.. we waited for them to leave; off to the side and when they left; another couple slipped in. HOW RUDE ! It was a re-occuring theme that I found in Tampa. How do you all live there? So, no drinks while we waited; then we saw other people that had come in behind us; being sat. So we found out on our own that the "outside" (an area of the restaurant but still in the mall) was first come first serve; we found this out at about 40 minutes of wait, why didn't they tell us at check in? We would have opted for the "inside outside" !! Then I finally went to the bar to get a beer and couldnt get waited on; when a manager came by and I asked for his help; he look annoyed. REALLY? A customer is AN ANNOYANCE??? wow, how do you people make a living in Tampa??? We finally got sat, but I wouldnt go there again.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank tampafox
Oklahoma
“Birthday dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Went to BJ's for my birthday. They have my favorite wine & my wife loves their margaritas. We like the large TV's behind the bar. Food is good but the service was inconsistent.

That said, we will be back!

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Tampa, Florida
“Veteran's Day Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Took a retired Vet to lunch. He wanted to go there. Turns out that Vets were not charged for their lunch on Veteran's Day. Overall, the food was good, service fine and everyone was very friendly.

Visited November 2013
Edinburgh
“If you like a good beer....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

then drop by!

We went there four times, most of which was during the happy hour between 3-7 which includes half price on all appetisers and various discounts on beer, call drinks etc. There is a promotional offer on at the moment for half price bottles of wine which we took advantage of a few times but I think this is only for holiday season.

Bearing in mind, this restaurant has only been open for around two months so there is a lot to pick up considering the extensive menu and vast selection of drinks and beer. On a couple of occasions we were given different information by different staff so it would help if everyone was on the same page and consistent. In terms of the drinks themselves, there are countless beers/ales/lagers available and each person is entitled to four samples. I tried the lightswitch (light beer) and pumpkin ale which is delicious so make sure you have a try of that but it is a little sweet!

The food was extremely nice on the appetiser front especially the wings and mini burger sliders. We opted for the extra hot wings which were hot but like us, we tend to find that the hotter the better!

On one of the nights there was a mix up with our bill (going back to my previous comment around wrong information provided by a staff member), however, this was easily rectified by the manager who was very helpful and listened to our concerns.

This does not take away that this is a great place to visit and it's very good locality wise, next door to the Bahama Breeze and Golden Corrall at Lake Buena Vista. So if you fancy a beer after a long shopping trip at the premium outlets then definately worth a trip!!

• Visited November 2013