“Our favorite Cuban restaurant”
Review of Cuban Breezes

Cuban Breezes
Ranked #176 of 2,461 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Cuban
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This is our favorite Cuban place in the Tampa area. The atmosphere is very family friendly, the food is great and there is always a special on the menu, and the prices are very reasonable - especially when using a Restaurant.com certificate. Try the pressed Cuban bread - it is amazing!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Food not bad, not like what I'm use to, here its kind of Americanized. The rice is definitely overcooked. Plaintains not bad, papa relleno good, sandwiches good, desserts ok. It's a popular local joint with ample sitting and lots of tv screens. Prices - cheap. Portions - plentiful.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

After having their sandwich trays at a couple of family events, my wife and I decided to give the restaurant a try for dinner. The restaurant itself is not very impressive, but their food was excellent. We already knew that their sandwiches were good as take-out food.

We started with a chicken empanada which was very good, including the garlic ranch sauce it was served with. I had the Lechon Asado and my wife had the Picadillo platter for dinner. The pork on the Lechon Asado was very tender and tasty. I got it with rice and beans and plantains. While I normally do not enjoy beans, these were excellent and I ate them all with the rice. The plantains were sweet and cooked nicely. My wife's ground beef with peppers and onions was also very tasty.

The platters were under $10 each. All in all, we enjoyed our meals, had more than enough food to eat and will definitely be going back for another meal.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Cuban Sandwich is very plentiful and the pork is extremely moist. It appears they soak the pork that is used and it is very fresh and flavorful. The prices are quite reasonable and the service is good. Recommend getting there early for lunch as the place fills up quickly after 12 noon.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

In a community surrounded by chain restaurants, its nice to be able to go someplace different, someplace local. I don’t have a very adventurous pallet, and would have never ventured into a Cuban restaurant if someone hadn’t dragged me in. And I’m glad they did. Now anytime I have lunch with a customer, vendor, or employee I take them to Cuban Breezes to that they can experience someplace unique and local.

And if you lake an adventurous pallet like me, you will find something on this menu to your liking.

My only negative comment is that after 8 years of visiting this restaurant weekly no one has taken the initiative to learn my name (which is clearly printed on my credit card), yet I know and address the entire staff by their names.