New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Tampa Near Busch Gardens

Baymont Inn & Suites Tampa Near Busch Gardens
Ranked #85 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Utica
“hotel was close to main highway and easy to get to.hotel...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014

hotel was close to main highway and easy to get to.hotel was clean and the breakfast was super.clerks were very helpful.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

1 Thank Walter P
Ron M, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Tampa Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, September 8, 2014
Four Stars at the Baymont Inn & Suites Tampa near Busch Gardens/USF: thanks you so much! Your feedback regarding our hotel staff and the best breakfast waffles. Come back soon!. Ron Moran GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014

My husband and I booked the king room, from the Expedia website. Baymont is literally a 3 minutes drive to Busch Gardens and Adventure Island. I was super impressed by the King Suite. When I opened my door it I walked into a 'mini living room' equipped with a sofa pull out, a table for two, a coffee table, microwave, mini fridge, and flat screen; THAN that room led too another which is where the king bed and bathroom was and not to mention another flat screen oh and your own private 'mini' balcony. Cleanliness of the room however was a little gross the carpet needed to be vacuumed and I found a dead bug on the table, it could have been CLEANER but it didn't bother me because I take Lysol wipes with me to every hotel I go to. Would I stay here again? FOR SURE! the staff was also very helpful & courteous. Didn't have time to go to the pool or even see it.

Room Tip: King Suite, very recommended.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank arlene0502
Four Stars at the Baymont Inn & Suites Tampa near Busch Gardens/USF: thanks you so much! Your feedback regarding our hotel staff and the best breakfast waffles. Come back soon.. Ron Moran GM
Grand Cayman
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

When I visited Baymont Inn it was okay, not the best but okay. Bedding was dirty, carpet wasn't clean, and bad Wi-Fi connection.
On the good side - the staff was very friendly, breakfast was great and I love the location.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014

A lot of people look on these websites to judge a hotel based on what other people say. Take it from me, this hotel is a great spot to get away. People expect perfection on a hotel which is non existent in this world anyway. Take things as they come as they happen. I would truly recommend Baymont to my friends if they're in the Florida area. The courtyard equipped with a pool, lounge chairs to relax, tiki bar, and Palm trees was complete serenity ( I even slept at night in one of the chairs by accident!). Breakfast in the morning is simple which is good. I dunno the next time I will be visiting Florida but I'll be sure to stay at Baymont again. Your search is over, choose this hotel!

• Stayed August 2014
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you? the Baymont Inn & Suites Tampa near Busch Gardens/USF Appreciates the high star rating. Please come back to visit soon Ron GM
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2014

This hotel is under renovation so there may be hope for it yet. It is close to Busch Gardens and has a free shuttle to take you back and forth saving the $17 parking fee every day. The price was incredibly reasonable. The evening shuttle driver was a very sweet man that kept us entertained on the ride over to the park. We reserved a spot in advance on the shuttle to return from the park and when it arrived to pick us up two other families that had only just called proceeded to take up all the spaces in the van. That's a people issue--not the hotel's. We returned to the hotel where those two families filled the elevator and the rest of us were waiting on the first floor. The people seemed to have a difficult time finding the right button on the elevator and it remained on the first floor with the door opening and shutting over and over again. While we were waiting, some inebriated individuals were banging on a back door yelling to be let in. The door requires a key card to enter from outside. It was only a few yards from the front door so they could have easily gone around. For our own safety, we did not let them in. After a few minutes my daughter noticed they were gone and we decided to take the stairs near the door. The men had climbed over the stair railing to bypass the door and we were stuck on the staircase with them getting in our face calling us names. It was very scary. They went to the pool and continued to yell obscenities as we went to our room. We didn't sleep well and checked out the next morning. We didn't try the breakfast so we can't comment on that. I would not recommend this hotel for anyone traveling with children. Hyatt Place is just up the road, only costs a bit more, has a shuttle, and feels much more secure.

Room Tip: If you choose to stay here, look at the room before finalizing anything. Our room was to the right o...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thanks you for your review! Although the Baymont Inn & Suites Tampa near Busch Gardens/USF does support the brand stands in respect to the guestroom décor, we are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience so we do appreciate this feedback.