“Best Buy In Tampa Busch Garden Area!”

Baymont Inn & Suites Tampa Near Busch Gardens
Ranked #89 of 163 Hotels in Tampa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Longwood
Reviewed January 9, 2013

BAD: Space was large. Sink was not working properly and maintenance never showed up to fix. Bedroom (not living room) smelled like urine. Air Conditioner did not cool room properly. Bed was not comfortable. Both my wife and I had sore backs every morning! Furniture, counters, was old (at least 20 years).
GOOD: Close to Busch Gardens. Very well stocked food for breakfast. Clean breakfast room and cordial hostess. Lobby area well kept. Very friendly front desk clerks. Layout of hotel is good and well kept (pool area, bar, parking area).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

1 Thank Freddy S
HD2007, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Tampa Near Busch Gardens, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that the maintenance staff did not do there job. Our beds are lest then one year old and are the brand standard, I am sorry the beds are uncomfortable.
We do realize that since our property is an older one, there are many capital improvements that we need to continue.
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We just got back from a weeks stay at the Baymont near Busch Gardens. It was a cheap stay at just over $400 for the week. The hotel isn't a 4 or 5 star but it is nice. Our room was large enough to accommodate the 6 of us. We received a continental breakfast every morning, the food was always the same but good and plentiful. The pool was heated and treat for my kids who took advantage and swam every day despite the cooler weather. Like I say it is not at all fancy but it was clean, had a nice staff, a decent breakfast, a good location and it's cheap so really what is there to complain about.

1 Thank sherslad2
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I agree with some other reviewers, great location if you visit Busch gardens, but that's where the positive part ends. The welcome was poor by the check in team so first impression was not great but I thought hey, maybe they're having a bad day so I didn't dwell on it.
When we got to the room at first I thought it was ok, however, soon discovered a bad smell. We couldn't work out if it was the aircon smelling or the soft furnishings. After a short while we worked out it was both. The a/c was pumping out a musty damp smell and the sofa smelled like a rat had you know what on it! The beds were ok although my 9 yr old daughter was very reluctant to sleep in it, said it smelled bad too. As it was only the 1 night we were there I told her its the sofa or the bed and she will have to choose; she chose the bed!!
The lasting memory was the breakfast, for me the worst ever. There was a one member of staff who was the most inanimate person I have come across in the states. I asked him where the cutlery was and he simply stared through me and walked past. After that I could see it was a quick in and out job as I found the disposable cutlery, oh, and plates, napkins, cups.....all plastic and styrofoam, pure class!
Well, they do say you get what you paid for. The rooms need gutting and cleaning which is a management and funding issue. The poor attitude of the staff however can be changed as it is usually these persons who can change a bad situation. I guess they are probably poorly paid and therefore have a don't give a .... Attitude. Sad as it could be a nice place to stay and should get plenty of business from B gardens. My advice would be if you can avoid it, do!

Room Tip: My tip for a good room - choose another hotel 😉
Legal, Canada
Reviewed January 3, 2013

This hotel was so inexpensive there had to be something wrong. We only needed a place to stay for one night in Tampa. It was really close to Busch Gardens. The room was comfortable for the 6 of us and for the price we could not complain. Breakfast was great. The pool was warm and enjoyable. Other than getting a bit of a run around for the necessary pillows and blanket for the hide-a-bed, we all settled in.

At midnight there seemed to be a helicopter that continually circled the area for about 30 minutes. Then we got a call that the police were coming to our door but our vehicle did not have any damage. Apparently it was a case of the wrong room and our vehicle was fine but two other people that night that I heard of had issues with vehicle damage.

The hotel felt safe but I am not sure I would want to leave a vehicle in their parking lots for another night.

1 Thank JeannieSmallTown