“Mixed feelings”
Review of Best Western Tampa

Best Western Tampa
Ranked #55 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed March 2, 2011

We first stayed at this hotel for two nights and had a pleasant experience. Nice daytime front desk staff, clean, reasonable room, no problems! Upon checking out we reserved for an additional night, since we planned a road trip to Key West and were returning to Tampa ten days later to fly home. We received a confirmation # (my husband asked for it) and also were told we did not need to give a CC#, since everything was on file. We believed it. On our drive back to Tampa from Key West we realized that we would be getting in at about 10 pm, so we called from the road to notify the hotel of our late arrival. Best decision ever, because there was no room reserved for us and we were told the hotel was full. After much discussion and citing our conf. #, the clerk assured us he would call back with a solution. He did not, but we did. No solution yet, he would call back. Again, no call, so we called for the third time. Now he had a room, same price as the one we reserved, with jaccuzzi. Great, we were pleased, gave our CC info over the phone for payment and got a new confirmation #. Arrived at the hotel, rude clerk, very unprofessional, not the one we dealt with on the phone, although it is a tiny reception area and there is NO WAY this guy did not overhear his collegue's conversation with us. "Hotel is full". Yes, but we just called less than an hour ago and paid for a room with jaccuzzi, here is the conf. #. No clue, no room. I asked him to please call the other employee for assistance. No, he was told not to call and would not call until the morning. Having just come off the road after driving for 10 hours, my husband and I insisted that he call NOW. He said he would only call if people were nice to him. EXCUSE ME??? He finally called and left a message for somebody in Spanish. No call back. Well after midnight and following my threat that I would notify the police since we paid for a room we are not getting, he somehow found the reserved room, no apology, no explanation. Terrible end to our otherwise great honeymoon, we would not stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Hexy

Reviewed December 15, 2010

I stayed at this hotel many years ago and remembered it as a good value overall. It is a very good location but the hotel is run down, the room was drab and dreary. I chose it also because the price was right. But next time I will pay the added price to stay somewhere nicer.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank jmdskyline
Reviewed December 13, 2010

Though I stayed only for two days when I was on my business trip to Tampa , this Tampa hotel was a good bargain for money and service quality was good. I may not stay here for family vacation but yes, I will not hesitate to stay here for my business trips to Tampa.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 13, 2010

This past August I had the pleasure of staying at the Best Western while visiting Tamp and helping my daughter get settled in her dorm. What a wonderful hotel. The employees couldn't be more helpful. The room was spotless! The hotel is conviently located to USF and Bush Gardens. It is right off of Fowler Ave. so there are plenty of restaurants, fast food, convience stores, gas stations and pharmacies. I would definatly recommend this hotel if you are in the area.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 14, 2010

I was traveling there on business. The staff was nice and pleasant. The rooms could use some updates and the pool. But I did feel safe a secure. I did not have any problems but another guest did and they were quick to respond and make it right. The breakfast was nice and the breakfast room was clean and stocked. The staffs checked to ensure the guest needs were met. If you are on a budget this is a nice hotel to stay at. It may not have the biggest and best of everything but the staff make up for that.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 6, 2010

As a hotel manager with another flag I tend to be more wary of hotels as I know what to look for. I have to say the management of this hotel is top notch. Over all the staff was very well too. The rooms were clean and over all the hotel is in good shap. Just needs a fine tue in a few spots. I plan in staying again.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 31, 2010

Very attractive and clean, centrally located, within walking distance of several good restaurants and a short driving distance of many more. Very hospitable to the runners who were staying there. My friends and I wanted to meet up in the lobby and share a bottle of wine at night and they were most accommodating. The Best Western Tampa will be my first choice next year for running the Gasparilla.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo