“Once again a great stay, worth the price!”
Review of Best Western Tampa

Best Western Tampa
Ranked #50 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed August 18, 2014

This was my 2nd time staying here and was once again happy I did. The rooms are clean, the bed was comfortable, staff is very nice, the pool is clean & well kept. It's close to Yankees Spring Training Stadium & Raymond James Stadium, to name a few places of interest. They don't charge add on fees. The price your quoted plus tax is it & the Wifi worked well.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
palmas2013, Manager at Best Western Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2014

Thank you so much for your really nice words and your feedback after your stay at Hotel Best Western Tampa . We are delighted to hear that you experienced an enjoyable stay and that the hotel amenities exceeded your expectations. Thank you also for mentioning our friendly staff, we will pass on your compliments to them. We hope to welcome you again, next time you visit Tampa. Best regards to you and Family

Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

Best Western on Dale Mabry has done it! We stayed in a room that has water all over the floor closest to the window do to the ac leaking. We got in late thinking the smell in the room might have been from it being vacant for a while so we needed to let the air cool it off. But no the unit was bad which caused mold in the carpet. They decided to switch us to another room when we only had about 10 hrs left to stay in the room after 2 nights of being there! I called and talked to management and left a letter and after three weeks still no response from them. Overall ok for the money but not worth the headache! !!! Especially with a one and two year old!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
palmas2013, Manager at Best Western Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

thank you for taking the time for sharing your concerns on be half of my self and my staff let me apologize for any inconvenience you may have encounter I can reassure that we do-not rent rooms with wet carpets , my staff and I strive to provide superior customer service as well as provide acceptable solutions to problems with any of our guest rooms , we hope next time you visit Tampa you give us a chance to make it right for you and your family

Reviewed August 7, 2014

stayed here twice and both times had good experience. Both times however, the room safe needed for the battery in safe to be replaced. Think the batteries should be replace once a month regardless. The staff was great.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We just needed an overnight room before heading to Orlando. The hotel staff were friendly and gave good recommendations for restaurants in the area. Breakfast was okay - not too many selections. Still good value.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2014

I spent 5 nights in this hotel during a work trip. The hotel only has double bedrooms, and the price is the same for one or two people. A continental breakfast is already included in the price. I was alone in a double bedroom in the third floor with a king-size bed.

I will start with the pros:
The price is very good compared with other hotels in the city. Is is also very convenient to have the breakfast in the hotel (especially if it is included in the price). The clean service is quite good, I have no complaint. The bed is quite comfortable.

And now the cons:
The worse for me was the bad smell of the room. I don't know where it come from, but I didn't like it at all. It is not nice to arrive to your room and feel this disgusting smell. The breakfast was too simple. The decoration of the hotel is quite outdated. The hotel is quite far away from the city center, although it is possible to take a bus in case you don't have a car.

In conclusion, even though it was not all bad, if I come back to Tampa I will look for another place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
palmas2013, Manager at Best Western Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

first let me say thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing we appreciate your kind words and we are glad to hear that you found our hotel to be clean as well as our beds been very comfortable we are currently adding new up grades to our hotel, I am sorry to hear that you experience a bad smell in your room our staff was never notified in order to give us an opportunity to correct the problem as far as breakfast we are the only hotel within a 10 miles radious that offers a free breakfast that consisting of eggs hot waffles bagels fruit yogurt etc.. our in located in the heart of Tampa only 5 miles from convention center port of Tampa and Forum again let us know if there is anything else we can do in the future to help you make your more enjoyable

Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for two days with my family. It was very clean priced well hotel is very beautiful inside and out top brand appliances and bedding staff was very nice and hardworking and i will stay here again if i'm in that area in the future i loved it and breakfast was very good and a good selection of food to be continental so two thumbs up on this place!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Even though this has few staff, they do go above and beyond to make your stay as pleasant as possible. Stayed 9 days and would def. recommend to friends and family! Breakfast was great too daily, and hotel was very clean. Great pool too! Just perfect on days you wanted to have a down day!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family