“A decent option for 1 night, but not for a family vacation.”
Review of Best Western Tampa

Best Western Tampa
Ranked #51 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed November 29, 2012

We stayed here the night before we went on a cruise. It was probably the worst Best Western we've ever stayed in - normally we have a great experience. This hotel smells bad. You feel like you're breathing stagnat polluted air the whole time. The windows don't open, so I don't think the place has seen any fresh air in years. On the other hand, it was affordable, had a decent continental breakfast and served our needs. I did think the hotel offered either a shuttle service to the airport or to the ship (I thought I read that before I booked), but they don't offer either. I would not have wanted to stay more than 1 night.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Nice hotel as whole chain of Best Western, the rooms are very big and comfortable, but the hotel is old, a little smelly hotel, but is the oldest outdoor, nothing bad.. good breakfast and customer service... good value

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Great location, helpful staff who gave me many tips on good places to eat and meet, like St. Petersburg, free shuttle to Busch Gardens. A CVS down the street for emergency purchases. Small rooms, but very comfortable with a clean bathroom. Room service is quick and attended the expectation, an excellent surprise.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I won this Best Western as a two star bid for one night on Priceline, so I was a little uncertain as to what to expect. I flew into Tampa and drove to the hotel where I had breakfast. After breakfast I requested two towels to use at the beach, as I was going to St. Pete's and Clearwater for the day. I had no difficulty getting the towels, which made a great difference as I had no towels and did not want to buy some just for one day. I spent the day at the beach and attended the Tampa Bay Rays baseball game. I checked into the hotel after 11pm and was assigned a room with two beds. The room was clean and had a microwave and fridge. In the morning, I had breakfast, which consisted of cereal, breads, bagels and a waffle machine, among other things. For my one night stay and the price I paid, I was more than happy with the Best Western on Dale Mabry.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank justtravel
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed here for 3 days while in town for business meetings and while nothing was fancy, everything was satisfactory.
The room was clean and a good value, and the staff was very helpful and friendly!
Even though the location is on a busy road it was incredibly peaceful and quiet in our room.
Nice trip!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Nice enough, small room, everything works and is clean. But, yikes, I like firm mattresses, but it was like sleeping on the floor. My husband had to finally get up and go to CVS for OTC sleeping aides. Desk staff is friendly, breakfast has the basics (coffee, bagels and yogurt) and the BW standard, the waffle maker. Convenient location.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kathleen K
Reviewed July 26, 2012

we stayed in room #222 what a nice room that is,at the end of the hallway,peaceful,and so big looks a suite,even the bathroom was huge,we were very happy with that,swiming pool on the back of hotel were wont disterb anyone opens 24 hours,great location, room price was good also.continental breakfast was great too.

Room Tip: 222 was a great room