“Average”
Review of Bartaco Hyde Park

Bartaco Hyde Park
Ranked #35 of 2,637 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Inspired by a healthy, outdoor lifestyle, bartaco combines fresh, upscale street food with a coastal vibe in a relaxed environment. The minimalistic décor is light and breezy, with the air of a rustic beach shack. The cuisine is rooted in tradition and pulls from a broad palate of bold, spicy flavors from the Mediterranean, Asia and beyond. The tacos are healthier versions of old-country favorites, filled with fish, fresh vegetables, spit-roasted chicken, and slow-cooked pork to name a few. There are salads, grilled corn, and signature fusion rice bowls on the menu. The bartaco beverage menu is just as carefully crafted, and includes bottled Mexican Coca-Cola and hand-pressed aguas frescas. Over 40 tequilas - all 100% agave - have been hand-picked. Our award-winning refreshing cocktail selections are made with only artisanal spirits and freshly-squeezed juices, and are featured along with traditional margaritas, mojitos and caipirinhas. Whether dining with family or enjoying a night out with friends, all will savor the undeniable energy that is the bartaco experience.
Reviewed August 9, 2016

I decided to give Bartaco another shot and went again yesterday. I liked the ginger fresca, the oyster taco and the corn but I didn't like the shrimp banh mi bowl and the other tacos that we tried.

Reviewed August 7, 2016

A neat place, but not really worth it. Tacos are pretty good, but they are very small (two bites). A little pricey, especially the beers (a can of Tecate will run you $5). Service is hit or miss... sometimes they are quick and other times I need to ask for my check three times. Can get very loud too ... couldn't hear people at my table.

Javier G, General Manager at Bartaco Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2016

Thanks for your business and feedback. I'm disappointed to read you weren't impressed with service or the value. I know it can be frustrating when having to ask for a check. I would like to invite you back in as my guest and give us a second chance. I know our tacos aren't the typical size but I'm positive we can blow you away with great flavors and give you excellent service. Please call me so we can discuss in detail.

Javier Gonzalez
813.258.8226
863.660.6343 - cell

Reviewed August 5, 2016 via mobile

The atmosphere was filled with the chatter of folks enjoying an nice evening out with friends. The food was tapas style with all sorts taco taste teasers filled with your choice of duck, pork, chicken and more. Fresh guacamole made to order and for dessert churros served hot out the oven. I would absolutely return for the food but the drinks not so much. I had a watermelon margarita that had the flavor but very little to no tequila and I'm not a drinker.

Reviewed August 5, 2016 via mobile

Hyde Park Village is a great location to grab some tacos and a cold drink - sitting out in the patio is no sweat - because they have AC out there and it's just right. The place is always packed so arrive before 6:30pm. Food was fresh, tasty, and delivered fast. Service was good and you are not rushed at all.

Definitely a place to frequent.

Reviewed August 4, 2016

Wow does this place put out some delicious tacos and drinks. The freshness of the soft tortilla shells and the ingredients inside was amazing. For my meal I selected three different tacos (steak, chicken, and duck). All were very good but the standout was the duck. I can not recommend choosing the duck enough. Had I known it was going to be that good I would have ordered a dozen duck tacos! Oh and by the way their drinks are handcrafted and are incredible as well. This is a great place to dine and highly recommend it to anyone and everyone.