“YUM!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Daily Eats
Ranked #18 of 2,356 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: American, Diner, Healthy
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: A classic diner reimagined. Hand-spun shakes and yummy burgers, to all day breakfast, and our signature shredder bowls.
MN
“YUM!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

We chose this restaurant based on other reviews. We visited on a Sunday afternoon and it was pretty busy, but we were able to be seated inside at a booth. The corner of the restaurant that we were in did not offer much in the way of ambiance. It looked like it could use some updating.

For lunch I ordered a New Mexican shredder bowl. I wasn't quite sure what to expect and basically had ordered that because it seemed like their specialty. Well, it was delicious! It reminded me of a Chipotle burrito, obviously minus the burrito shell. SO GOOD! I craved returning here again, but we didn't have time during our trip. We will definitely return on our next vacation!

The menu in the store was pretty busy and hard to interpret. I wish it had a better design. The kids menu was pricier than expected.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Good Casual Dinning”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

Nice place to stop and get a good Bison Burger. We had the lentil soup and it was out of this world delicious.

Visited March 2014
New Orleans
“Great affordable casual breakfast/lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

We ate here recently on a Sunday morning. Very casual restaurant. However, the food and service was excellent. Looking forward to returning.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Matt L, Owner at Daily Eats, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We appreciate the feedback and hope to see you again sometime.
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Good breakfast, but strange decisions by staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

Daily Eats came very very close to disappointment me, but they saved it with the meal they served. This was a 3.5 star meal, but I'm rounding down for 2 reasons

We showed up wanting a late breakfast, and sat down at around 2:58 or something. I should point out that I am not positive about the time - but it was 2 minutes before they switched from their breakfast menu, to their lunch/dinner menu with breakfast all day. This is important, because the server came by after a few minutes and took the breakfast menu away and gave us the lunch/dinner with breakfast menu. She told us about the time and told us that they were switching.

I want to take a star away for this, but I won't because I'm a nice guy, but this is B.S. First, we had already been sitting for 3-5 minutes. Second, if you draw a line in the sand, then you should abide by that line. If I had 2 minutes, then I had 2 minutes. I don't like being the person who, for example, sits down in a restaurant within 10-15 minutes of closing, but this was the middle of the afternoon. Same kitchen, same cooks, and if I had 2 minutes, I should have been able to order what I wanted. IN the end, this is the first of two reasons though for the rounding down in my rating.

Anyway, the issue was, of course, that my girlfriend and I both wanted something on the regular breakfast menu that wasn't on the all day menu. But, putting the spoiled brat part of me aside, we each found something on the all day menu that we liked. I got the Dan - scrambled eggs, fried jalapenos, bacon and swiss (I dropped the tomatoes because, lets face it, tomatoes are "icky," to use the scientific term) on chibatta bread. Really good breakfast sandwich. However, I ordered fries with that (what? who doesn't like french fries for breakfast? Besides, I ran that morning, which means if I want fries for breakfast then I can have fries for breakfast!). The fries weren't that good. I don't understand the battered french fry thing. I've complained about it before, but it doesn't improve the fry. Cut potato, drop in fryer, drown in bucket of salt (seasoned salt, if you're feeling fancy) and you're done. Anything else is unnecessary and doesn't add to the flavor, it detracts. Hence, you get rounded down from 3.5 stars.

I realize 3 stars is mediocre, but this was a 3.5 star meal and I am anxious to go back to try something else.

Matt L, Owner at Daily Eats, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Hi there,

Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. We appreciate the feedback and also responded to your review on Yelp. We hope to see you again sometime soon!

Take care.
Tampa, Florida
“Upbeat Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

Who knew you could have a watermelon mimosa and a delicious bowl breakfast? The vibe is fun, the service is awesome and it's like eating your favorite meal at home. A fun, casual upbeat place to start your day!

Visited January 2014
Matt L, Owner at Daily Eats, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Thank you for the review! We're happy to hear you enjoyed the experience and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Cheers!