“Great Choice from the Tampa Convention Center for Unique Food and Beers”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Dufrain

Cafe Dufrain
Ranked #132 of 2,368 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tampa, Florida
“Great Choice from the Tampa Convention Center for Unique Food and Beers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

I highly recommend Cafe Dufrain when you are at the Tampa Convention center. Its menu is short but includes unique dishes made from locally grown products. Their beer selection is also very good. When you are at the Tampa Convention Center, cross the bridge to Harbor Island and take a short walk east along the waterfront to Cafe Dufrain.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank PhilS_42

Tampa, Florida
“Excellent Eclectic with Outdoor Seating”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

I head heard this restaurant was worth visiting and had the opportunity to try it out for lunch. Small, but very pleasant outdoor seating area greatly enhances the meal. The harbor island location provides a nice view of the city while still maintaining a peaceful atmosphere. Best of all the outdoor seating was not smoky. The salads and burgers were excellent. Everything was very fresh and the service was excellent. We'll be back to try it for dinner!

• Visited January 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Well crafted and prepared entrees, but little variety”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We love this restaurant, and eat there frequently. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming, and the service friendly but not invasive. The menu trends towards too many pork selections, and rarely changes despite appeals from frequent customers to offer alternative choices.

• Visited January 2013
State College, Pennsylvania
“A lovely meal on a lovely evening.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

I dined here with a colleague on a beautiful January evening. We sat outside on the deck/patio (as opposed to on the sidewalk). Our server was quite friendly and willing to answer our questions. My dinner companion had the Cobb salad. She noted that the salad had a lot of salad dressing on it, but that the flavor was very good and (in this case) she was OK with that. I had the pork dinner and it was outstanding! Everything about the description of the entree sounded wonderful and my meal did not disappoint.

Cafe Dufrain is located across the channel from my hotel (Marriott Waterside); it was a pleasant walk from the hotel over to the cafe.

Visited January 2013
Tampa, Florida
“delicious food and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

My husband and I ate here for my birthday. I wasn't even aware that this restaurant existed, but now I will add it to my list of favorites! We did a tasting menu, let the chef surprise us. The grouper cheeks were amazing! We actually loved everything we tried! I cannot wait to go back.
This is definitely one of Tampa's best kept secrets, make the trip to Harbor Island and try it, you won't regret it.

• Visited December 2012

Been to Cafe Dufrain? Share your experiences!