“Good Beer and Grub”

Tampa Bay Brewing Company
Ranked #13 of 2,450 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Very nice place in the heart of Ybor City. This brew pub has an excellent selection of food and beer. It is the perfect spot to sit and dine after touring Ybor City all evening. Crowded but quick and above average service.

1  Thank Dan P

Reviewed June 17, 2014

We were invited to a party by a business partner. The food is great and the drinks are even better. Loved the bartender who just smiled when I told him my wife didn't want a beer and made her his secret cocktail.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

My family and I went to Tampa Bay Brewing Company after a show on a Saturday night. We waited for a table for less than ten minutes. Our friendly hostess sat us at a huge booth next to a large window. Our waiter was very friendly and knowledgeable regarding the menu and large selection of beers.

We ordered the spicy fried shrimp as an appetizer and it was wonderful. The shrimp were very fresh and not overcooked. I ordered the grilled salmon and it was very good. It came with vegetables and a tasty sweet potato puree. My husband ordered "The Bomb." It's a hamburger completely encased in bread. Think of a bun with no opening. I tasted his and it was outstanding. He loved his beers. He started with a stout and ended with an IPA. I tasted both and they were excellent.

The highlight of the evening was the cherry bread pudding. I have never tasted anything like it. It was unbelievably good. Drizzled with chocolate with whip cream on top, it's heavenly.

So, in conclusion, this was a perfect evening. The wait staff, the food, the atmosphere . . . all excellent. We will definitely be coming back soon.

1  Thank DNovak
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Great Beer ,Great food ,Great price ,great place to chill out in historic ybor city , A good place to enjoy a cigar on the terrace.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

We have absolutely no knowledge of beer, no matter how many times it told to us, the information just doesn't stick. We don't know the difference between a pale ale and a lager. We only know what we like and what we don't. We basically visited for another Triple-D stop, what we walked away with was perhaps the best lesson in beer we've ever had and as a bonus a fabulous meal!

Our server was not only patient, she had an unbelievable knowledge of products. One could've guessed that she herself was the brewmaster. She was quick with her answers, suggestions and never once talked over our heads. Needless to say, this made for an awesome experience.

On the food menu, we went for all the Triple-D items, the meat loaf, Shepherd's pie, the wings, pretzel & the hamburger stuffed in a roll! There was nothing left on any of our plates, everything was so tasteful, we devoured every bite. It's difficult to pick just one item that was the best, but I would have to go with the pretzel and the hamburger stuffed in it's own bun as the most unique!

After dinner we took a stroll down the next block - very interesting time.