“Good Food, Terrible Service”

Tampa Bay Brewing Company
Ranked #13 of 2,407 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Charleston, South Carolina
“Good Food, Terrible Service”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I'm torn on whether to recommend this restaurant. The service here is terrible. Our waiter acted like it was a hug inconvenience to wait on us. Just terrible. However, the food was really good and they have a great menu. The sauces with our appetizer were great, my cobb salad had fresh and delicious ingredients, and my husband's fish was so flaky, tender, crisp, delicious (and I don't even like fish!). If you don't mind the bad service, you can get a good meal here and it's in a great location in Ybor City.

• Visited February 2013

• Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Portsmouth, Ohio
“Brews in Tampa”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We saw this restuarant on "Diners, Drive-In's & Dives" on FoodTV and decided to stop in..Friendly staff, very clean, good food & great value. oh, yea...the beer was good, too...A must see in Tampa

Visited February 2013
1 Thank MissKim74
Tampa, Florida
“Rated this high only due to Atmosphere!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I gave it a 1-Terrible. And for me that is bad. I tend to give the benefit of the doubt because the customer service industry is not an easy one. But this place generally fails at it; here is why: After seeing an episode on Diners Drive Ins and Dives with Guy on Food Network we wanted to really try this place out. Immediately the great atmosphere hits you - it's a nice looking place. But after reading the beer menu I wanted to really drink the Blond Ale. Guess what? They were out of it… really? You are a brewery restaurant but you are out of the beer YOU MAKE? It gets worse. Then the waitress recommends another brew for me, I say “okay” and she returns with it. It was horrible - like a bad, sour Sam Adams. So I ask to try their Red brew instead. It was okay - sort of like a cheap knock off of a Shinerbock. We now order our food. I order the crab cakes and a big bowl of gumbo. My wife orders the turkey burger. 40 minutes later... no food. So we ask the waitress - "where is our food?" nicely. She replies "the burger was taken to the wrong table and we are re-cooking it." Okay - giving them the benefit of the doubt to a new food runner (what our waitress blamed it - meanwhile the place was very empty after lunch hour on a Thursday… so why wasn't she on top of her only table?). 15 minutes later the turkey burger appears. But the crab cakes are cold (my guess is they sat there getting cold on the service window while the burger was being re-cooked). We ate and paid our bill (40 dollars for 2 cold crab cakes, one cheap tasting beer, a bowl of gumbo, a glass of water, and a turkey burger we waited an hour for) and left. We’ll not give this place another try and I recommend avoiding it… there are just too many other nice places around Ybor City that are better deserving of your hard earned money (like Carmine’s for example). O yeah - and by the way - the manager stood chatting at the bar our entire visit and never once turned around and apologized… even though we were only 10 feet away from him and his chatty partner. Just plain Terrible.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank cwoclark82
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not worth the wait”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I go here a lot because the food is great but the same can't be said for the service. We just waited 45 minutes for two burgers. Not an exaggeration. I'm not the type to complain as I worked in the industry through college but this is unacceptable regardless of how busy you are. The owner took two beers off the tap but I thought that's the least they could have done. I'm sure if I had made more of a scene the meal would have been covered entirely which is the crappy part about it. This place has a lot of large parties that come in and I think the staffs problem is when they get a large party they tend to blow off the parties of two. The food here is good but I think this was the last straw for me. A delicious meal is less tasty anyway when you waited an hour for it.

1 Thank Dtwtpa
Great Falls, Montana
“Tough to get a table on a Friday night and then the food was just ok.”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Good beer but marginal food and a long wait to get it. The location and surroundings are good. The bathroom and kitchen share a hallway so heads up or you will run into your dinner!

Visited February 2013