We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tampa
Gram's Place BnB GuestHouses\Hostel and Music
You added Gram's Place BnB GuestHouses\Hostel and Music to your Saves list
Ranked #2 of 9 Tampa B&B and Inns
“Horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

I stayed there a few years ago in the shared room as a student and I will never forget it how dirty, unfriendly and noisy it was. I do like music but having it on all night? The owner was rude, unhelpful and just mean. I would not recommend it to anyone. Stay clear.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Bogusia G
bruce h, Owner at Gram's Place BnB GuestHouses\Hostel and Music, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Thank You for your review, I have never seen someone reference a review based on staying somewhere, and I quote " A FEW YEARS AGO" We understand we can not make everyone happy and since my late brother died "A FEW YEARS AGO" we admit we needed to do some work around here. and for the last 6 years have been doing a full make over . We wish you much success in your travels Mr B and hope your travels are safe and enjoyable

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Four of us drove from Chicago looking for a clean bed and bathroom at a reaonsable rate. Red Roof Inn did not cut it and we wanted to experience the local scene. Gram's place provided so much more and is a highlight of our trip that we will always remember. We experienced the private room and the train room along with meeting so many wonderful people. Bruce is an excellent host, and offered for us to tour the place prior to commiting as some of us were a little leary. The nooks and cranny's to hide out in and reflect on life were incredible, the cemetery across the street was an excellent place to walk in and contemplate the past lives of the departed. Luis and Christine were wonderful hosts as well. The music, conversation, hot tub, were incredible to top our evening off. The use of the kitchen/barbecue were wonderful for dinner and breakfast with expresso definitely made the trip! The sheets and bedding were so clean and comfy - bathrooms too!!! GP is all over the place - this is museum quality experience. The Phoenix Glass Studio by Susan Gott is close by and so is the YBOR District where you can find awesome coffee at the El Molino coffee shop. We will definitely be returning! Thanks Bruce for a wonderful stay!!!!

Room Tip: Private rooms have sink in room and shared bathroom. Good if you want to be alone. Bunks are very...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Audrey D
ypsilanti
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

It's a hostel...so be familiar with hostel lodging or you might be disappointed. This said, Gram's place is the ONLY reasonable, safe housing choice if you are flying into Tampa on a budget.
It is a 70's throwback and you will meet a lot of really nice people. Bruce, the owner is a warm- hearted sweet man who will chill with you and throw back a beer or two with you on the patio. Luis who is the property manager couldn't have been nicer and set us up with a couple of bikes to use while we were there.
There is all sorts of really unique music memorabilia and also there is impromptu jam sessions on the weekends. Many of the guests are international and frequent hostel travelers.
You can save a bunch of money by cooking up your own food in the community kitchen and Bruce is nice enough to provide coffee and eggs and bread for you free in the morning.
Its more a community than a hotel room. Also it is close to bus lines, but the neighborhood is not located in any tourist area, although there is a small park next door.-- NOT recommended for families with young children. But 2 people can easily share a private room for $60 or a single can get a bunk in a shared dorm for @$ 25. There are all kinds of little nooks to sit on the small property with a book and relax. The beaches of Clearwater are only about a 30 minute drive away and Ybor City is a decent day trip for shopping and history.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank seveneasy7
Turin, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

You know, I haven't found that much hostels while travelling within Florida...so finding this place, even I was there while most of people in Tampa were in Xmas holidays so it was not crowdy, I was really suprised. I really liked the facility, that has been built around trees with a huge effort of handwork that gives to this place a unique character. People of the staff helped me a lot in finding good clubs where to spend the nights listening very good jam sessions and also suggesting alternatives to not being driving at night while partying. I stayed both ina private room as in a dormitory of 6 beds upstairs. Both solution were clean and confortable, always remembering you are in an hostel of course! Bathroom while ina private room is private, while with a dorm solution is shared and outside of the dorm. Both cases clean bathrooms and shower.
Owner built also a heated jacuzzi in the middle of the "lobby" that he used to switch on middel afternoon, for having a beer before dinner with a relaxing bath.
good place and even better people there.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Reisterstown, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

I’ve been skateboarding from Key West to Tampa and this was just the right spot to spend some down time. A super friendly, warm staff welcomed along with the owner Bruce who went above and beyond to accommodate me. This is by far one of the most unique places I have stayed at and I highly recommend it!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Brian Z
Kearny, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

It locates in a silent suburb near a cemetery. I was terrified by the environment. Not convenient to the airport. The owner said that I was free to have the Chrismas food but several minutes later, she hide the expansive ones. The dorm is close to the living room and kitchen. You can hear outside clearly from inside.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Angela0423
Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights while traveling solo to attend an academic conference. It's a fun and funky place. If your used to hosteling then you know the deal but most folks around Tampa have no idea what a hostel is. It's pretty easy to take the bus into downtown, but I'd recommend a cab for after dark. I think the fare from the convention center was around $10 or so. All around, I had a fantastic stay and met some great folks. I left with memories that I never would have made in a big hotel. Seems like if it was very busy it could be loud, but most hostelers are pretty respectful.

• Stayed November 2013