Spa Evangeline at the Epicurean Hotel

Reviewed April 22, 2018
Britney81
via mobile
Anniversary Treat

Hotel was upscale. Nicely appointed rooms and very clean. Enjoyed the spa like surroundings... read more

Reviewed May 3, 2017

from $24.65
from $107.00
from $29.99
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

My friend and I randomly chose Evangeline spa before our trip to Tampa and it didn't disappoint. Both of our treatments were amazing and our skin feels wonderful. I had a facial that was possibly the most relaxing facial I have ever had. The spa was super clean and the staff were really friendly and helpful.

Reviewed July 2, 2018

Literally one of those beat spas in the States. Had an awesome massage and they offer you a complimentary glass of bubbly, wine or scotch after your treatment. Now that is service!
I'd return again.

Reviewed April 22, 2018 via mobile

We visited as we were staying at the Epicurean next door. I really enjoyed this spa. The people were very friendly and Donna was amazing! I felt so much better after my 90 minute divine indulgence massage! Especially since we'd come in from Orlando after a week-long convention. Donna was super friendly and the massage was GREAT. I was also given a choice of red, white or champagne after my massage. NICE TOUCH! I really enjoyed everything and wish I would have had time to experience the Caudalie facial! Next time, for sure. The only reason I knocked a star off was on the facilities themselves. It's a nice, clean place but the amenities were a little lacking. So it's more of a place you go to receive a treatment but not somewhere you could hang out for awhile. No spa or sauna. They did have a relaxation room but it was on the smaller side. Nothing that would prevent me from going back though. Would definitely recommend Donna!

Reviewed March 7, 2018

I endured two Category 5 storms and as a result was displaced from my home in the Virgin Islands. I traveled to Tampa and decided to get a good massage. New to the area, I used TripAdvisor to help me and at first I just wanted to stay in the area closest to my hotel but I am so glad that I ventured out and visited Spa Evangeline.

I had the hot stone with the scalp massage. My therapist (Donna was absolutely AMAZING!!!! She was professional and skilled. I left there feeling not only relaxed but like I was a special guest.

I get massages on a frequent basis and as a result, my appetite for a good massage in a tranquil setting is not satisfied easily.

Keep doing what you are doing and hold on to Donna, she is a gem.

Reviewed January 15, 2018

I got a great manicure-pedicure at the Spa Evangeline. The pedicure lasted for two months! Also, somehow, the Spa managed to fit in three of us at once!

Reviewed July 8, 2017

My husband and I visited Spa Evangeline and did not have a good experience. We both booked hydra facial and other services . We received consent forms by email prior to our arrival. After reading the consent forms we decided that we would switch from the hydra facial to another service as they recommend you do not go in the sun and we were at the hotel to enjoy the sun . I tried calling all day on the 3rd and finally got hold of a girl who could not give us any information on any of the other facials or services. I asked to speak to an aesthetician and was told there was no one there and that they only come into the Spa when they are called in for an appointment . I told her that we were going to change our services for the 5th but we would like information regarding their other services before we decided what we wanted to switch to and she said it would not be an issue. Upon arrival at the Spa it was a totally different story.
First of all they told us to get there half hour early so we could get in to our robes and go into the relaxation room and when we got there they said it was too early. When I told the girl that we want to change the facials to something else she told me that it was her day off and she came in just to give these facials and that we were unable to switch our services unless we wanted to pay for the facial as well because all she was qualified to do were facials or make up. Needless to say this did not get me off to a good start, especially since I had called and thought this was all taken care of. At this point the whole spa experience was killed. My husband and I were both annoyed with the way the girl was behaving ( totally unprofessional) but we decided if we have to pay for the facials we would have them.
After the facials I did get to talk to a manager and she acknowledged that this was not the way we should have been treated. She did not charge us for the facials which was very kind of her and made me feel a bit better about the experience but once you have been treated so poorly during an experience thats supposed to make you feel good it's hard to turn around from that.
I also had a body scrub and massage scheduled for after the facial and the woman who did it was very good . She was a bright spot in the whole experience.Her name was Melaides.
My husband had a Bourbon scrub Manicure and pedicure. We would not recommend that. His nails were not cut evenly and the cuticles weren't done properly. His feet were not much better than when he went in.He ended up going to our regular place the next day where it cost half the price and he got a much more superior job. All in all I have very mixed reviews about this Spa. We are not new to Spa's and regularly frequent a highly rated Spa in Brandon and have never had these issues or been made to feel like that. I don't know if I would try this spa again.

2  Thank agendagirl34
Reviewed May 3, 2017

Hotel was upscale. Nicely appointed rooms and very clean.
Enjoyed the spa like surroundings. Friendly staff. Relaxing stay after dinner at Bern's.

Reviewed February 10, 2017

I'm a local and highly recommend Spa Evangeline. I have a membership so once a month I can get spa service. The rest of the month I can use the hotel facilities including pool and valet parking. I've had everything done. All services have been realaxing and effective. I want to make a special call out to Tameka who I believe has been there since the spa opened. She is great and also versatile. She's done my facials and also my mani-pedis.

Reviewed October 21, 2016 via mobile

I've been to many spas and I was shocked at what they charge for what I received. The atmosphere was nice, but my room is was cold and my massage therapist was not really up to the standard of a well trained therapist (I always say a young therapist is a red flag because they are still learning). She knew her basics but her hands were boney and that really wasn't relaxing at all. I mentioned my shoulders hurt and she spent I'm not kidding 60/90 minutes just on my back and barely anytime on my arms and hands, legs and feet and what she did there I've gotten a better massage from the person who does my nails. All I am saying is I've gotten a much better massage for $60 and for over $200 I expect any massage therapist at the level of a spa to be well trained/good. It's the next day and my back really hurts.

4  Thank Emily P
Reviewed August 26, 2016

Had a 75 minute facial with Rachael and it was absolutely the best. The relaxation room was cozy before and after my service. Everyone was friendly and professional. One of the best spa experiences I've ever had.