“Fantastic!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa Brandon
Ranked #10 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I was recently here on business with 2 associates, staying in 3 separate rooms. The bar was set high when we arrived early at 10 am and the front desk manager did everything in his power and got us into our rooms early! We had been travelling since 5am so we needed a rest prior to a client meeting in the afternoon - and he pulled through. He was very helpful, and even lended us umbrellas for our meeting since it was pouring all day there. The dining area is impressive with a 5-story open atrium and a very cool water feature. That really set the tone, and we were not disappointed with our rooms. These suites were incredibly spacious and well-appointed. The living room area had a comfy couch, another seat, an ottoman, a desk area with 3 chairs for working or dining, and a flat screen TV on a stand. Then separating that area from the bedroom was a tiled area with a bar area with sink, fridge, microwave, coffee pot, etc, and the bathroom across from that which was very nice. The bedroom itself was cozy with a great comfy King sized bed, spacious table to set items on, chair and ottoman, closet, and TV. We were here on business but I would not hesitate to bring my family of 4 here and we would have plenty of room. A very nice feature was the free drinks (select beer, wine, liquor) from I think 6-7:30 (not totally sure about the times). You cannot beat that! Breakfast the next morning was very good. There was a custom omelette bar and then all of the standards for a continental breakfast. The eggs, bacon, sausage, and homefries were all cooked perfectly. As mentioned before, I would not hesitate to stay here again, and would recommend this to anyone from a business traveler, to a vacationing family in the area.

1  Thank iTravel11

Reviewed September 23, 2013

This was my first time staying at the Embassy Suites Hotel and i was impressed with the accommodations. Absolutely LOVE the free breakfast and the free drinks every night during happy hour. I'd definitely stay here again.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

The hotel was clean - not absolutely spotless but clean enough. The bed was comfortable. The free breakfast was the best free breakfast ever. Fresh mushrooms for the omelette. The decor is very brown, which I found a little depressing. But for the price, I would return.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Sylvia M
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stood at this hotel 2 years ago and from what I remembered it was really nice especially the breakfast and cocktail hour. This time around, not so much. The AC needs to be colder. It was cool in our room but it never got nice and crispy cold like I like it. That was a bummer considering how hot Florida's weather can get. The pull out beds desperately needs to be replaced...big time! A spring popped out and scratched my niece really bad. Thank goodness we travel with a first aid kit. When we went to the pool around 4 pm they ran out of clean pool towels and we thought, not a problem because they would replace them by the time we were done, right? Nope! An hour and a half later no new clean pool towels were bought out, even after we politely informed the front desk. So yes, we had to track through the lobby dripping wet. Of course we did not want to but that was our other option? And probably the worst part of it all was the joke they call a "manager reception". Peanuts and fried pieces of bread with pizza sause is all they had to serve us! Seriously? I have been to numerous other Embassy suites and have gotten veggies, hot cheeses, deli meats heck even Salmon at one Embassy suites in South Carolina but never have I gotten just cheap and insulting snacks at this at an manager's reception. Does your manager live in a trailer park and think this is fancy? In no way would I ever recommend this hotel because of the low quality and budget cuts it has apparently made.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank IceRose21
BrianDicksonGM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment on your experience at our hotel. We appreciate the feedback and will use this information to provide better service to our guests in the future. Pool towels, a cold room, and a nice Complimentary Evening Reception are basic needs that we should have been able to provide. My apologies for not meeting your expectations, let along exceed them. Please contact me at 813-653-1905 to discuss further. Brian Dickson - General; Manager

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Nice hotel, my only complaint is the road noise from the highway, if you stay at this hotel I would ask for a room away from the highway. The fitness center was crowded around 5:30, I went back a 6pm I was the only one there. Staff was very friendly and professional.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Embassy Suites always provides and exceptional experience. No matter where I am traveling nor which Embassy Suites I stay I receive the same exceptional service and value. Thank you Embassy Suites and keep up the simply exceptional work!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Very professional staff at the front desk where it very important. The chef at the last hour before was willing to put together a special meal for us and did it with great care. The servers and were very accomodating, even when they did not need to be. I/we really enjoyed being there and the price of stay was very reasonable for all that was given.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family