New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa Brandon

Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa Brandon
Ranked #11 of 161 Hotels in Tampa
London
“Large rooms and excellent breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

We found the rooms to be large and good value. A soulless area and quite noisy as its right on a main junction, but I believe it is quite central to certain areas and about 30 mins drive from Tampa. We found the staff on check in to be efficient and quick.

We were very pleasantly surprised with the breakfast and it included the all American big breakfast buffet as well as the whole continental one too.

Room Tip: Perhaps a room at the front away from the main road junction?
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Tallahassee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Embassy Suites in Brandon. The room was clean and spacious. The bed was very comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was very good but they do not start serving until 7:30am so I did suggest they serve a little earlier. Overall we were very pleased with our stay.

Le Sueur, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

You can usually count on Embassy Suites to provide adequate lodging and this property does not disappoint. This hotel is well kept up with a pool and restaurant on site. Rooms are spacious with many amenities. This hotel is located near I-75 with shopping and many restraints nearby. The only thing that bugged me a little is their in-room wireless Internet policy. Unless you have one of the two highest Hilton Honors cards, you have to pay $9.95 for 24 hours access. My Hilton Honors
Blue card was not "adequate".

• 5 of 5 bubbles
DOS_Embassy, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa Brandon, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! We really appreciate it and are so happy to hear about your great experience! Be sure to tell your friends about us!
Thanks again!
South Wales, New York, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

I have stayed in a lot of Hilton hotels and the service in this one was the worst. The room was good but the service was TERRIBLE. We entered the lobby upon arrival where approximately 25 people were waiting to check in (it was 4:00 PM and their rooms were not ready). The front desk staff was rude. We went to the hotel restaurant (and I use that term loosely) there were no staff present. We sat at a table and waited about 20 minutes. I then went to the front desk and asked if the restaurant was open he said yes and that he would get someone. We waited an additional 10 minutes and left. DO NOT recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Samantha W, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa Brandon, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Joanne,
Thank you so much for your response. Here at the Embassy Suites Tampa Brandon we pride ourselves on guest service. We did not meet your expectations, let alone exceed them. We would love for you to give us another try. Please contact me directly to set up a reservation for you so we can really show you what the Embassy Suites Brandon is all about.
Emily
South Florida, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

Great location & venue for business overnight stay. Need a room, computer access, quick HWY access, free Wall street J, USA Today & great omelets, this is the place.
BUT - Think twice about hosting a large group function requiring overnight stays.
In-room smoking seems to be permissible - may get assigned to one without an alternative room available - yuck!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank KTB-240
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

I made my reservation online through my company website. The type of room chosen by the system was not clear so after I completed the reservation, I called the hotel to make certain I received the type of room I wanted. I had a pleasant conversation with the desk clerk for about 5 minutes. When I hung up I was confident that I was all set.

Unfortunately when I reached the hotel 6 weeks later that was not the case. The desk clerk could do nothing to help. Needless to say, I was upset. I asked to speak to the manager but was told he wouldn't be in until the next morning. i was assured he would call me. After not receiving a call back the next day, I left a note with my cell number. I returned from work and the manager was not in his office, so I left another note. I NEVER heard a word from any manager for my entire stay.

To be fair the hotel is decent and clean, the staff generally pleasant and i had one of the best omelette I've ever had. But if something goes wrong don't expect a resolution--you will be largely ignored.

Room Tip: Call multiple times to confirm your room type because once you arrive there is NO assistance.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Janine,
I am very sorry that you were never contacted during you stay. Feedback such as yours is what helps make our hotel better. Even though you had a bad experience with management I am glad that the staff was very pleasant and the you enjoyed your omelet.

Samantha
Canton, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband & I recently stayed here while visiting his son & grand son. The room was perfect size for his son to come visit us. The breakfast was fantastic. Our t.v.'s did not work when we arrived, maintenance was very quick to fix the problem. The only negative I can give is the elevators were on one side of the bldg, our room was on the oppposite side. We will stay there again on our next visit.

Room Tip: End rooms are very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple