“Another Good Embassy Suites” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa Brandon

Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa Brandon
Ranked #18 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Le Sueur, Minnesota
“Another Good Embassy Suites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

You can usually count on Embassy Suites to provide adequate lodging and this property does not disappoint. This hotel is well kept up with a pool and restaurant on site. Rooms are spacious with many amenities. This hotel is located near I-75 with shopping and many restraints nearby. The only thing that bugged me a little is their in-room wireless Internet policy. Unless you have one of the two highest Hilton Honors cards, you have to pay $9.95 for 24 hours access. My Hilton Honors
Blue card was not "adequate".

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
DOS_Embassy, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa Brandon, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! We really appreciate it and are so happy to hear about your great experience! Be sure to tell your friends about us!
Thanks again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
South Wales, New York, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I have stayed in a lot of Hilton hotels and the service in this one was the worst. The room was good but the service was TERRIBLE. We entered the lobby upon arrival where approximately 25 people were waiting to check in (it was 4:00 PM and their rooms were not ready). The front desk staff was rude. We went to the hotel restaurant (and I use that term loosely) there were no staff present. We sat at a table and waited about 20 minutes. I then went to the front desk and asked if the restaurant was open he said yes and that he would get someone. We waited an additional 10 minutes and left. DO NOT recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Samantha W, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa Brandon, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Joanne,
Thank you so much for your response. Here at the Embassy Suites Tampa Brandon we pride ourselves on guest service. We did not meet your expectations, let alone exceed them. We would love for you to give us another try. Please contact me directly to set up a reservation for you so we can really show you what the Embassy Suites Brandon is all about.
Emily
South Florida, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Great location & venue for business overnight stay. Need a room, computer access, quick HWY access, free Wall street J, USA Today & great omelets, this is the place.
BUT - Think twice about hosting a large group function requiring overnight stays.
In-room smoking seems to be permissible - may get assigned to one without an alternative room available - yuck!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank KTB-240
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I made my reservation online through my company website. The type of room chosen by the system was not clear so after I completed the reservation, I called the hotel to make certain I received the type of room I wanted. I had a pleasant conversation with the desk clerk for about 5 minutes. When I hung up I was confident that I was all set.

Unfortunately when I reached the hotel 6 weeks later that was not the case. The desk clerk could do nothing to help. Needless to say, I was upset. I asked to speak to the manager but was told he wouldn't be in until the next morning. i was assured he would call me. After not receiving a call back the next day, I left a note with my cell number. I returned from work and the manager was not in his office, so I left another note. I NEVER heard a word from any manager for my entire stay.

To be fair the hotel is decent and clean, the staff generally pleasant and i had one of the best omelette I've ever had. But if something goes wrong don't expect a resolution--you will be largely ignored.

Room Tip: Call multiple times to confirm your room type because once you arrive there is NO assistance.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Janine,
I am very sorry that you were never contacted during you stay. Feedback such as yours is what helps make our hotel better. Even though you had a bad experience with management I am glad that the staff was very pleasant and the you enjoyed your omelet.

Samantha
Canton, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband & I recently stayed here while visiting his son & grand son. The room was perfect size for his son to come visit us. The breakfast was fantastic. Our t.v.'s did not work when we arrived, maintenance was very quick to fix the problem. The only negative I can give is the elevators were on one side of the bldg, our room was on the oppposite side. We will stay there again on our next visit.

Room Tip: End rooms are very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was very impressed with this hotel from the moment we arrived. We travel almost every weekend and this hotel is one of my favorites now! The staff was friendly and courteous. The rooms were exceptionally clean and spacious. The beds were also very comfortable. When we arrived, Tampa had a boil water restriction which could have turned into a nightmare; however, the staff went out of their way giving complimentary water and making sure that everything was taken care of. Breakfast was also part of our stay and it was delicious. We are going away this weekend also and I am definitely going to find an Embassy Suites to stay in!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Marietta GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Hotel is very convenient to I-75. Very easy access on and off. The hotel staff is fantastic. Everyone I came in contact with was very friendly. I stayed at this hotel several days while doing some work in near by Plant City and can think of no negative points about the staff of the property. The evening reception was a great way to unwind after a long day working. I can not comment about the morning breakfast as I was gone well before it opened each morning. The room was very comfortable and quiet. I was quite pleased with everything at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business