“Great place” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 161 Hotels in Tampa
brandon florida
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

The people here are very nice. Free drinks at night and then free breakfast in the morning.
The staff is very attentive to your needs.The room service was great and on time. The rooms are clean and pest free.I cant wait till my next visit.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

The embassy suites in Tampa/Brandon was very neat and clean, and the rooms were very spacious. The continental breakfast and managers receptions were excellent!!! The only problem that we had was a leaky toilet which wasn't a big deal. The staff are helpful and friendly.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I will stay at Embassy Suites again! For the money it is the absolute best value available. The employees are courteous & helpful. The breakfast is FREE and FIRST CLASS. They even have a reception every evening with FREE cocktails & snacks. It is incredible. But......what prompted me to write this review is the level of service that I received. I had left the lights on in my rental car. So, you guessed it - dead battery. The assistant manager, Ari, along with several others went out of their way to ensure that I made my flight with time to spare. She even gave me her cell number and pledged to pick me up if I should have further problems. Nothing short if outstanding!! Thanks to EVERYONE at Embassy Suites in Brandon, FL!!

• Stayed August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
EmbassyAGM, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa Brandon, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you for staying with us at Embassy in Tampa/Brandon. We truly appreciate you taking the time out of you busy day to provide us with feedback. I am so glad we were able to assist you with your car troubles and get you to the airport on time to head back to your family. We hope to see you the next time you travel to Brandon!!

New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Hotel is clean, service is good. They live up to the Embassy Suites reputation. The breakfast bar had some moldy fruit in the fruit basket on day one and the bar staff was not quite as pleasant as the rest of the staff but overall it was fine.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at our property! So glad you enjoyed your stay. We have addressed both issues with our staff and we apologize for the inconveniences. We look forward to seeing you again!

Lakeland, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

It rained pretty hard every day while we were there. Our window seal held water. However we did not report that problem, we thought the housekeepers would have noticed. If they did they didn't tell us.

Our room was on the road side and the road traffic was heard through out the night. We were not used to that. I would suggest staying on the other side of hotel.

We came down a little later into the nightly reception and all the food was either gone, or there were no utensils to use. I guess when they are put out, that's it. No replacing. That's fine if there is not many people staying, but when you have a lot of reservations, as it seem there was, that should be checked. Everyone should have the option of this if it is offered, and things should have been replaced. I did see a couple of employees walk over to it and see it, and just look at it. Nothing was ever replaced.

My main complaint... after a stay of not complaining and pretty satisfied with my stay for the price I was paying... it was finally the morning to check out. This is when I almost went off on the person at the desk. Still remember her name...... should I dare??? Anyway, I had reservations - #, paperwork and everything. Signed in on arrival, rate was right, signed the master card approval, everything was fine upon check in. BUT... they had changed my rate!!!!! WHAT??????? She had said the she had no reservation on that # and that is had been cancelled. WHAT?????? So they charged me $20 a night more for 3 nights. I had called the day before arrival and added another day to our reservation, asked the receptionist if it was the same rate, she said yes, over the phone. I made sure the rate was right when I checked in, and signed the credit card approval. So this girl argued with me saying that there was no reservation and accusing me of cancelling... REALLY??? are you serious??? So then she said well let me go see my manager and see if I can give you the rate that is on your reservation. OK _ you do that! So i waited and she came back and said, "well I can give you the rate for the 2 night but not the 3rd"... REALLY!!!!! Here we go again. SOOOOO..... I finally said can you pull the approval that I signed when I checked in to see what the rate is. Myself knowing good and well what I had signed, she said sure. She pulled it out put it in front of me and said see- this is only for 2 nights! I said "Really?, what is this date?" She looked at it, looked at the computer and siad "Oh well I guess I will give you that price for the 3 nights then". GEEEZZZZZ!!! REALLY???? Why did she not check that to begin with. AND HOW DARE HER TELL ME THAT I CANCELLED MY OWN RESERVATION.!!!!!!!! What's the deal with that? Sounds like to me they are trying to rip people off that won't fight it.

Will not stay here again, way too many other places to choose from in the area!!! SORRY! I would not have said that had not that happened with your receptionist.... Kourtney!

Room Tip: Unless you are used to road noise- request a room on the opposite side of highway.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
Thank you for your most recent stay at the Embassy Suites. I would like to sincerely apologize for some of the experiences during your stay and assure you that I have addressed them with the staff. We strive to provide excellent service and we appreciate your feedback and hope that you will give us another chance in the near future!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Really, this hotel was really nice. It was beautiful, breathtaking. The rooms were clean and spacious. Great quality. Even the toiletries were top notch. But that breakfast.....FIVE STAR!!! They treat their Hilton Honors members VERY well. This has now become our favorite brand of Hilton Hotels. Will stay here any chance we get!

Room Tip: Not on the first floor, but it was really nice.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Nomadfam5
EmbassyAGM, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa Brandon, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for your most recent stay at our facility as well as, your loyalty to the Hilton Family. We are very pleased to hear you had such an enjoyable stay. We truly appreicate all or our guests esepcailly our Hilton Honors rewards members!

Please come back and see us again soon...

Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

My stay was in July 2012. I live in the area and our home air conditioning went out. When it hit 92 degrees we couldn't take it anymore and headed to the Embassy Suites with our four year old. I don't think anything could have gone smoother. It was super fast and easy to check in - no problems or room change with extending our stay another day.
The staff was more than helpful - actually acted like they enjoy their jobs and being around people. There was absolutely no grudging service from any employee we encountered.
Breakfast was very good - made to order omelettes, fresh fruit, muffins, bagels, cereal etc. Hot buffet included bacon, sausage and scrambled eggs. Manager's reception in the evening including free drinks we did not attend.
The cleanliness rating of our room I would give a 90-95%. I wasn't totally perfect in the bathroom but overall it was cleaner than my house is half the time. No bugs sighted - dead or alive. Also, the mattresses have quilted pillow top type mattress covers so they are quite soft and comfortable. No stiff neck with the pillows, either. It's located near the huge Brandon Town Center mall, so everything you could possibly need is nearby.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Embassy Tampa/Brandon. We truly appreciate your feedback and are so happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay! I am glad you were able to join us for breakfast during your stay and we hope you are able to come back to see what our managers reception is all about.