“South Tampa location is superb!”
Review of Grille One Sixteen - CLOSED

Grille One Sixteen
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Dale Mabry and Ehrlich
Odessa
“South Tampa location is superb!”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We've been to both locations, north and now South Dale Mabry. They were both excellent in terms of food and service. However, the South Tampa location is superb! The steaks were cooked to perfection and incredibly flavorful. The barbecue shrimp, kobe sliders and tuna appetizers were amazing! The fried lobster tails were good, but too much breading for my taste. Do not pass up on the donuts for dessert. Get all 4 flavors. You won't be disappointed. The ambience here is unmatched in Tampa. White leather seating, dark wood tables, and low lighting. Very sexy! The bar is top quality, with a beautiful display and the bartenders are no joke here. They know their stuff! How many restaurants do you know that have 3 different kinds of ice for the perfectly mixed drink. They definitely pay attention to detail here, and their servers are professional, courteous and attentive. One of my top 3 in Tampa!!

“South Tampa Location”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Grille One Sixteen "South Tampa location" is actually located NOK (north of Kennedy), so it is not *technically* South Tampa. There was not an option to review the 612 North Dale Mabry, Tampa, FL 33609, location, but that is the restaurant I am reviewing.

We were celebrating some good news and decided to try this place out after driving past it several times. Parking was not an issue on a quiet Tuesday night, but would definitely be on a Friday or Saturday night, where I believe they require valet parking. Not a big deal, but worth mentioning.

I had the grouper and my husband had the salmon mixed grill. The portions were small, but very tasty. As in, we did not take leftovers home, and I almost always do, as I am not a big eater. Our pre- entree salads were excellent.

Service was very good, although I'm not personally a fan of the manager coming by each table and asking details about how the evening is going, which happened as we were chatting with a server. Just my opinion.

Our entrees were very good, and we splurged on the fresh doughnuts with chocolate, white chocolate, raspberry, and caramel sauces. We also each had a glass of wine.

My only complaint would be the choice of music. It reminded me of an underwater Sea World exhibition where the fish swim slowly by. Classical music would have fit the mood a little better, I think, for a weeknight. Weekends I could maybe see some pulsating music.

But, you're here to hear about the food, right? Our fish was hot, hot hot. I mean, too hot to eat without letting it cool. I appreciate this, a lot. Garlic mashed potatoes were skimpy, but good. The Mango Salsa, listed as a side, was less than a tablespoon. Being a low-carber, I appreciated the 4 tablespoons of mashed potatoes; no need to have an ice cream scoopful. Salad was crisp and flavorful, with nice pieces of carrots, beets, and halved tomatoes. Doughnuts were decadent (skip the raspberry sauce and get extra of another one).

Our bill, with tip, for 2 entrees, a split dessert, and 2 glasses of (least expensive on menu) wine came to over $100. Our general consensus was that the food was delicious, service great, and the atmosphere was, as they advertise, "swanky," but I feel that $100 could get you more of all of that at other South Tampa restaurants.

• Visited January 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Top notch food, specialty drinks, dessert & service- a MUST”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I went to the newer S Dale Mabry location. This was my second visit, & I wasn't disappointed either time. The drinks set this place apart, they're "mixology" drinks. They're on the pricey side $12-$15 a drink but it's worth it. If you're willing, ask the bartenders to make you something that''s not on the menu. I don't like gin, but they made me two different drinks w/it that I ended up loving. The filet steak is as it should be- excellent, had a rich oak flavor, downside is it comes w/fries, but they'll let you substitute it. The desserts are simply amazing. The the donuts, yes donuts, but trust me words won't do it justice, it's their staple dessert for a reason- think krispy kreme only better. The peanut butter smore is also amazing, it's name is self explanatory, instead of so much chocolate they use PB. The service was quick both times. Not pushy or rushing you out and very friendly. It's a dim setting so can be a little romantic. Really, the place is great for just grabbing a drink & dessert or if you have the time, enjoy dinner. Either way, you won't be sorry.

“Superb!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

One of the best kept secrets in Tampa Bay, located in the Carrollwood section of Tampa. Food, table service, and attention by the sommeler were excellent. I had a filet of salmon and three jumbo, bordering on humongous, shrimp, with vegetables. All were cooked to perfection. The decor is modern: straight lines and white furniture, pleasing to sight and touch. The properly modulated background music adds to the ambience unlike at so many restaurants nowadays. One drawback: televisions. Though muted, they are a distraction and even in 2012, should not be in a top drawer eatery. Grille One Sixteen is pricey but well worth it. This restaurant is far superior to many in the area which have been feeding off their past reputations. I put it in the Top Five in Tampa Bay.

“Amazing Dining Experience”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This was a surprise dinner from my boyfriend. Each and every bite of every thing we ordered, we wanted to savor. The food, ambiance, service, experience was so enjoyable. It was pure delight.