“Very clean and new hotel”

Staybridge Suites Tampa East - Brandon
Ranked #48 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stayed here for a 3 day work trip last week and was very pleased with the hotel and the services. They had free beer at night and there are friendly employees who seemed like they were happy to be there but very professional at the same time and I could tell they knew a lot of the "regular" people who stay there. I talked to the manager who was on-duty on Thursday night and let her know how nice and clean the hotel is but I thought I'd put it online too...

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
StaybridgeTampa, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Tampa East - Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear Jeremy M,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience at our hotel during your recent business trip to Tampa! We're glad to hear that you found our accommodations and amenties to your liking and that our staff made you feel welcomed. Our team works had at making everyone feel at home no matter how long they stay with us. From all of us, we thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Staybridge Suites Tampa East - Brandon

Reviewed January 12, 2013

I'll just list positives and negatives of the place, because I know that's what you'd like to see.

Positives:

-The hotel is near Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard, a huge street that spans east-west across a huge area. Also nearby are Interstates 4 and 75 (the roads to Orlando and Miami).

- The common areas of the hotel are comfortable.

- The hotel is located in a very green and quiet area.

- The rooms offer what is typical of most Staybridge Suites properties.

- Pretty good value for money.

Negatives-

- There is NOTHING GOOD WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE. Restaurants and shopping are 2 miles away.

- The shower is challenging. The shower head in our room was extremely low to the ground and the detachable head was non-functioning. The temperature and water adjuster was poorly labelled and confusing.

- The TV remotes in our room did not work at all during our stay, even though the hotel said that maintenance "fixed" them after the first night.

Overall I think this is an acceptable hotel, but definitely not a great place. I won't return next time I visit Tampa.

Room Tip: This place is very large and I imagine there are many times of the year when they can't fill the...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
StaybridgeTampa, Manager at Staybridge Suites Tampa East - Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to express your feedback on our Staybridge Suites Tampa. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior, and I appreciate the perfect score you gave us for cleanliness and sleep quality since those qualities are so vital to all travelers. As you mentioned, we are located in a quiet area that is only within minutes to the major highways in Tampa. While shopping centers are about 2 miles away, we hope you decide to stay with us again so we can tell you about some great options for food within walking distance from the hotel. We take all reviews very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit. Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

I stayed at this hotel on a last minute weekend trip with my family. I was really impressed with Sonia at the front desk. She was very helpful and made the check in process easy and simple for us. Overall my entire stay was a pleasure at this hotel from the quality of the pool area to the delicious breakfast. The best feature this hotel has to offer is it's updated suites. I have stayed at quite a few Staybridge Suites around the world and none had the beautiful marble countertop and overall freshness of our suite.

Can't wait to plan my next trip!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank metwaly06
StaybridgeTampa, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Tampa East - Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2012

Dear metwaly06,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review and for helping our Staybridge Suites Tampa hotel to reach our goal of becoming number one on Tripadvisor! We truly appreciate hearing how much you enjoyed our hotel during your last minute trip to Tampa with your family. Our staff members always appreciate being recognized for a job well done, and we're so glad to hear that Sonia took excellent care of you at check-in. Thank you for your business, and we sincerely hope to see you visit our Staybridge again soon!

Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Myself and my field team at work have stayed here for many weeks to months over the last few years. We keep coming back to this hotel for a reason, the staff and the hotel are just amazing. The hotel is clean and spacious and they have very nice amenities that others don't. The pools and weight room are always clean and well maintained and the laundry room has multiple washers and dryers so availability has never been an issue. My team is heading back to Tampa in January and reserving our stay here is our first priority

• Stayed: December 2012
StaybridgeTampa, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Tampa East - Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Dear gregw357,
We were so grateful to receive your very kind feedback that you left for us regarding your last stay with us! We're so happy to hear that you and your team have found a home away from home with us and that you enjoy our hotel, our amenities and our staff. We apprecaite your business and look forward to seeing you again in January!

Reviewed December 9, 2012

The friendly helpful staff at the Staybridge went above and beyond to make me and my family feel at home while I was on business in Tampa for a month. They took the time to learn our names, always greeted us when we left and returned and baked fresh cookies every afternoon for the lobby! The rooms were excellent, the morning breakfast buffet had something for everyone, my youngest likes fresh fruit, my husband bacon, eggs and toast. The evening sundown gatherings outside always had plenty of food and drink and the staff would make an effort make everyone feel at home.They were knowledgable about the area with lots of local tips. I would certainly return for another visit.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
StaybridgeTampa, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Tampa East - Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Dear Inga M,
From all of us at the Staybridge Suites Tampa, thank you for your wonderful review of your month long stay with us. We appreciate hearing your positive feedback! While we know it's difficult to be away from home for so long, we're so glad you enjoyed our accommodations and amenities, and that you found our staff to be caring and helpful throughout your stay. It was our pleasure to have you and your family become a part of our extended family, and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time your business brings you to Tampa!

Reviewed December 7, 2012

I stayed here for two nights on business. I wanted something away from the airport. It's kind of back in this area where there are industrial parks and some offices.
The service was good. The lobby was nice but the rooms were just ok. Nothing special. Almost kind of run down a little. There were really no convenient restaurants around either.
It was weird but there were several large hotels in the immediate area as well and not alot of places to grab a meal. I had to drive several miles for food.
I would try something a little different next time.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank njpk
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Very easy to get to off the highway. Nice quiet location, and service is top notch.

One HUGE hint, and I found out just by driving by. If you are a foodie - Diners, Drive In's and Dives highlighted the All American Diner just less than a mile from this hotel. It's 100% outdoor dining, but the food was AMAZING! So worth stopping by for a lunch treat or take out.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
StaybridgeTampa, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Tampa East - Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Dear orreo5859,
Thank you so much for taking the time to submit your kind review from your recent stay with us! We're thrilled to hear that you loved our location and felt that our service was top notch. We love passing such positive feedback like that on to all of our staff. We're sure that all of our guests will enjoy the helpful hint you left in your review, as well! Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon!