“My 13 yr old son said "it was the best day of his life"”

Fin-sanity Fishing Charters LLC
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Providing full and half day fishing charters in the Tampa Bay area. Everything provided for a fun filled fishing trip looking to catch anything from trout to grouper and from snook to cobia.
Reviewed April 1, 2014

We live on Lk. Winterset which is part of the Winter Haven "Chain of Lakes". Although my son fishes just about everyday for bass on our lake, he had never been saltwater fishing. So I looked up an old classmate of mine, Charley (Chuck) Rogers and told him my son has never caught a saltwater fish and I needed to take him flats fishing. We showed up at 7am to meet Charley and although he said he had all the gear and all we needed to bring was whatever we wanted to eat or drink my son insisted on bringing his lucky rod and reel.
Charley asked my son Liam what he wanted to catch and Liam said, "snook, redfish and trout" basically a flats "Grand Slam." A little ambitious to say the least. Not only did my son catch all the above, but several of each!!! Charley was absolutely great with my son. He taught him how to tie new knots, where and how the best place to hook the bait and how to fight each type of fish. Charley really gave him a crash course on flats fishing that day. All I did was sit back and watch my son enjoy his day. Although I let my son catch the majority of the fish that day, I couldn't of had a better day fishing. I was definitely a very proud dad that day. We also went home with a few bags of nice filets that made the rest of the family happy.
It goes without saying Charley was great! He knew all the great spots and didn't seem like other guides I've fished with that are just there to take you fishing and get paid at the end of the day. I really can't say enough good things about him. Trust me I've fished with several guides and have never been more satisfied. We have since gone again, March of this year 2014, and it was just as great.
Billy Rerucha

in 8 reviews
"florida"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed March 28, 2014

The weatherman said it would be a nice day, but he was wrong. We fought the wind, cold, rain and lack of sunshine, but Capt. Chuck was able to keep us on the fish and get them in the boat. He was able to find fishing spots that kept us out of the wind, put the bait where it needed to be when we couldn't, and kept the hooks baited for us. My oldest daughter caught her first redfish, a 28" monster! Even when we were ready to give in to the weather, he kept us going. His knowledge of the area was impressive, as were his techniques. We'll definitely be booking another trip, and hopefully the weather will be warmer, and calmer. Thanks, Capt. Chuck!

1  Thank Jim P

Been to Fin-sanity Fishing Charters LLC? Share your experiences!