“regular”

Acropolis Greek Taverna
Reserve with OpenTable
Acropolis Greek Taverna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 2,490 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Historic Ybor
Description: Acropolis Greek Taverna serves South and Central Tampa and features a full bar, casual "tavern-style" dining and entertainment. Located in historic Ybor City's entertainment district. This location also hosts entertainment including bouzouki and belly dancing on the weekends.
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I come here once a year foor de past 6 years and have never been disappointed. The food and the service are great! The price is OK.
Paul-Belgium

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Good Menu. Lemon soup was too salty. I enjoyed the roasted vegetable salad but did not expect to find iceberg lettuce in the 'greens'. I like the idea of having a carafe of water at each table for easy refills. Good prices and nice atmosphere. If I return I will mention going easier on the salt as I felt that made the soup very disappointing.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

I recently visited the Acropolis which sits in an indistinct location in a Publix complex. The food was excellent. I am from Chicago and quite used to good quality Greek food having dined many times in Chicago's Greektown area. This food was on a par with the food I experienced there. The Greek salads are classic and flavorful and the spanikopita and gyros are excellent. I would highly recommend it.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

It was a quiet Monday evening around 6 p.m. when we visited Ybor City and we were looking for a good place to eat. We have eaten at the Columbia Restaurant and wanted to try something else. Most other places were completely empty but the Acropolis was busy. The outside tables were full, so we ate inside and enjoyed Greek music with dinner. We love Greek food and enjoyed what we had. My husband had a tasty seafood pasta dish and I had a delicious grilled salmon with a lemony pesto. And they serve our favorite Mythos beer, which makes us happy. We were so full that we didn't have room for dessert, but the baklava cheesecake looked great. The servers sang and danced once during our meal, which was fun. The restaurant has a odd tradition of thowing paper napkins on the floor and breaking dishes into a big metal pan, but I guess it means something about turning a new leaf and good fortune. We honeymooned in Greece and have our favorited restaurants at home, but have never seen this tradition. I guess we just have to go back to Greece to find out where they do this!

Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Nice friendly restaurant, falafel was a bit over cooked but the shrimp wrap more than made up for it. Waitress was attentive & efficient.

Been to Acropolis Greek Taverna? Share your experiences!