“Mediocre food and service”

Acropolis Greek Taverna
Ranked #40 of 2,383 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Historic Ybor
Description: Acropolis Greek Taverna serves South and Central Tampa and features a full bar, casual "tavern-style" dining and entertainment. Located in historic Ybor City's entertainment district. This location also hosts entertainment including bouzouki and belly dancing on the weekends.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Mediocre food and service”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

My waitress was pretty indifferent, as I was dining alone - clearing away the dishes and getting my appetizer in a timely fashion was too much effort for her. The spanakopita was good but my entree was mediocre. It made me think the place is popular mainly for the modest prices and the entertainment and certainly not the food quality.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank RFJ

• Polish first
Delaware
“Great food and great view!”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Lunch was wonderful, peaceful, great value, great food. Service was perfect! We sat right on the waterfront for a wonderful view of the river.

Visited January 2013
Kailua, Hawaii
“Seemed a little overdone”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Have mixed feelings here. Pretty good on the cheese and hummus appetizers. Sangria was OK, but the ambiance, breaking plates/napkin toss and mandolin player had more appeal to my wife than to me. We had the kabobs, which were only fair. The onions were raw and inedible and the meat was cold. They were seasoned pretty well though and the service was pretty good. The place is loud, making conversation close to impossible. I think with the right group you could have a lot of fun here.

Coppell, Texas
“very good experience”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I ate one of the daily specials the table waitress quoted us although I can't remember the name of the dish. Before dinner I ate the crab chowder which is milk-based. The chowder was excellent. I also requested bread and olive oil and got what I wanted. The table waitress was friendly and accomodating. The atmosphere was excellent; there was live music--a guitarist playing to background music and percussion. The restaurant staff danced and chanted and one of them broke plates, but please note they didn't crash dishes onto the floor (probably for safety reasons). The dishes are broken into a container albeit in a vivid and memorable manner. I recommend Acropolis, Ybor City. The restaurant features large full-bodied windows and since Ybor City is beautiful at night the restaurant features scenic dining.

Terre Haute, Indiana
“Had lunch on Sunday- good experience”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Our group of 4 had lunch there. No outside seating was available even though we didn't get there til late (2).
The gyro was generous and very tasty.
The sangria was buy one get one -- and it wasn't very good at all.