“Pleasantly surprised”
Review of Clarion Inn

Clarion Inn
Ranked #75 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here prior to a cruise. There were several poor reviews but were dated almost a year ago. The price was great. This location has obviously undergone a major renovation. The pool area is gorgeous and the rooms nicely updated and clean. They offer a nice complimentary breakfast buffet in Beef O'Brady's. It was close to restaurants and shopping. I would absolutely stay here again and highly recommend it.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Staceyadk

Reviewed June 4, 2014

We stayed on a Thursday night and arrived late in the evening (11pm). The staff was very friendly and presentable. The hotel looks like it has recently been remodeled to a decor of modern-city vibe (hence the glitter and neons on the exterior). The grounds and rooms were clean. We didn't go in the pool but it was very pretty and resort like with a water feature, pool bar, and fancy pool loungers. The breakfast was quite a spread over at the adjacent Beef-O-Brady's. The 2 ladies taking care and preparing the spread were so nice and friendly. We will definitely choose the Clarion the next time we are in Brandon.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

A couple of months earlier we stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Brandon Fl, (Complete disaster.. don't ever go there) So I was turned off from the area in general assuming that all of the hotels would be the same. However, we had the opprotunity to get away again and go to Bush Gardens we ended up picking the Clarion due to the really low price tag. It's actually really hard to describe, outside of just saying awesome! The room was basically brand new, huge NICE bed, clean, and fresh and literally nothing to complain about at all. The Pool is awesome, waterfalls and an 8ft. area to really swim in unlike some of the other hotel pools that are small and boring. The rest area around the pool is huge and spacious so you don't feel crowded. Did I mention the pool has a bar? and D.J? My wife and I have three kids, so this was an awesome escape back to our youth! Also another great addition to this establishment is the location on the strip of endless things to do. You are literally 20 minutes from Bush Gardens, 5 minutes from a HUGE HUGE Mall, 8 minutes from Walmart, 5 minutes from Target and 3 minutes from a movie theater that is amazing as well. Its hard not to rant about this place but everything was perfect!

Room Tip: If you need silence then get a room away from the pool along the outter edges of the hotel
A TripAdvisor Member
Bridgewater, New Jersey
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

The hotel looks like it's been recently remodeled and the new decor was tastefully done. They have a resort style pool with a bar with good food and reasonable prices. However, when we arrived at 5:00 o'clock in the afternoon after an 8 hr drive, we were informed by the front desk attendant that the only rooms she had available were the ones facing the pool and that there would be a DJ playing probably until 2am. She said that if I had a problem with that she could cancel my reservation. I hesitantly agreed to check in since I was in no mood of looking for another hotel. We were spending the night just to catch a cruise the next day. They even made me initial a document were it stated that I was made aware of the loud music playing late. This was really disappointing as we were looking for a nice room to relax and sleep in after such a long drive. Needless to say, it was hard to watch TV, even harder catching sleep... Other than being unaware of the loud music, the stay was fine. I would suggest that management have some type of warning on their website that this is something going on every weekend as some people might like to be able to sleep, watch TV and relax in their room. Letting you know about this at check is kind of sneaky. I can't imagine parents with young children on a situation like this!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 22, 2014

This place is a treasure. Does not look as much from the outside but at night it comes alive. The pool is to die for! Waterfalls and neon LED lighting adorn the side of the building and pool area. The price is just ridiculously affordable it almost giving the room away. The rooms are modernly decorated with expensive looking lighting you would not normally find in a hotel. It's like stepping into a modern hotel with painting in each room to offset the décor. Absolutely a must stay if you are looking for a hotel. We went for an overnight and actually extended our stay for a additional night. The restaurant adjacent serves great food and drink and just complements the stay. You must be nuts if you choose anyone of the many other hotels on RT 301. For the price you have luxury, a great room with comfortable bed. super clean and modern to boot. I almost hate telling anyone how great this place it because it should be kept a secret.

Room Tip: When we got there our bathtub was clogged and by the time we went notice it was late. We called the...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2014

And OMG I am so glad we did. The outside of the hotel is nothing spectacular but wait till you get inside! Standard size room w/an updated look - chandelier in the center of the room, crisp white bedding, fantastically comfortable bed. We did not take advantage of the updated pool but it is spectacular. We thoroughly enjoyed the complimentary breakfast (waffles, omelet station, biscuits & gravy, juices, fruit). We arrived on a Friday afternoon and the lady at check in was just fabulous. This hotel is well worth the $$ - we will definitely book with them on our return trips to Tampa.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

I booked my room through Priceline && when I arrived I was very pleased. The overall look of the hotel was A+ , nice pool area to sit back and relax at with a bar for those who drink. A popular pub in Tampa , Beef O Bradys is connected to the hotel as well. The room was PERFECT.. I had a very comfortable king sized bed , mini fridge and microwave for my convenience. Showers were clean THANK God, thats one thing I tend to check for and the staff were very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel for anyone whether you have children, alone, or with your significant other , this hotel is PERFECT.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo