“Other than that......”

Ranked #68 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Fort Myers, Florida
“Other than that......”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We spent 2 nights at hotel and enjoyed both of them. The rooms were very nice for the price paid and the service of the staff left a good impression. The only down side was that the web site stated that they were close to Busch Gardens. As I was soon to learn, it was not all that close ( 20 Min drive), Other than that, We would love to stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Waterville, Maine
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We spent two week traveling around Florida attending spring training baseball games. We stayed at the Tampa/Brandon Country Inns & Suites several days. The location was about a mile from I 75 with many restaurants and malls close by. The room was great, the breakfast was great with hot and cold cereal, waffles, bagels, pastries, eggs, sausage and juice. Given the great breakfast the ample breakfast area was always crowded. This hotel like most has those mini pillows, I hate mini pillows! Maybe if enough guests complain they will use regular pillows. The only real negative was the internet connectivity. There was no wired connectivity and the WIFI was so slow as to be useless.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Schererville, Indiana
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I spent 3 nights at this hotel and enjoyed everyone of them. The staff is excellent and the hotel is extremely clean and quiet. There are a lot of restaurants around and shopping is convenient. I will stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

Spent the night here on our jaunt down the coast. Very clean appearance and good first impression. Helpful and friendly front desk staff, always makes such a difference on whether your stay will be pleasant! Our King bedroom was well appointed including microwave and small refrigerator (great for leftovers). Breakfast was delicious with fresh fruits included - a personal favorite.

• Stayed February 2013
Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Plenty of places to eat and drink in the vicinity so the location is good. My room was very spacious and clean. Everything worked as it should. The only drawback was there was no safe in the room - other than that, no complaints at all.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I usually stay at the Country Inn and Suites by Carleton every time I travel. I am a traveling sales person so I frequent hotels a lot and had become a Carleton club member. I am sorry to say but this is one hotel I will not recommend.

1. At check in there are only 2 luggage carts for the guest. They have 4-stories of rooms but 2 carts. Even being a club member I was put on the 4th floor. With all my business materials and luggAge it took me 5 trips.

2. I stayed for 6 days and 4 out of the 6 days they kept running out of eggs and misc food you look forward to in the morning.

3. The 4th day I stayed I decided to sleep in the 2nd bed (The room had 2 beds) and when I pulled open the sheets there was blood like someone had a nose bleed. This showed me that when guest leave they do not change the sheets all thie time but simply just make the bed.

4. Even with the bloody sheets episode you would have thought they would offer a discount or an apology. As you may have guessED....NOTHING!

I stayed the week of Jan 14-20th 2013. Please do not go here.

Room Tip: Do not bring the Hotel coupon from the coupon book they advertise in. They will not take it.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank sinter4911
Miami, Florida
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I'm writing this review from the hotel over the free wifi.

This is a great bargain in a great area. I'm staying here 2 nights for the RV Supershow. The area is actually very convenient with a lot of nice restaurants, a mall and access to main highways. Didn't take more than 10-15 minutes to get to the Florida Aquarium downtown.

We have 2 kids, 5 and 2. 4 of us altogether in a suite thats larger than most rooms with a great area with a couch and chair, a desk area and a small microwave/fridge area. The room is large, really clean and well kept. The bathroom is standard, clean with strong pressurized hot water, hair dryer and the regular toiletries. The room is large overall and we like the extra space. The air conditioner is horrible though. Loud and too powerful. I would set it to 70 before you go to bed, get the room cold, then turn it up to 72 so that it doesn't start when you try to go to sleep. The fridge made some weird noises as well. It woke me up the first night around 4 and I had to give it a whack to get back to sleep. Lets see tonight. Theres ample channels on the TV and its a flat screen. The picture is not HD however. There's free wifi. I'm not knocking the hotel rating for the fridge. We asked for it, and we need it. Just an FYI.

The entrance way to the hotel was nice with a simple and clean fireplace area and a check in office. Also on the 1st floor was a dining room for breakfast, some conference spaces and a small weight room with a couple of elipticals and all in ones. The free breakfast is a great feature but get down early. There is a pretty good selection including scrambled eggs, sausage,waffles, coffee and breads. There are also free cookies at night.

I would recommend this place for a short stay. The AC noise is really my only complaint and I would say that in my recommendation. Without the AC noise its easily a 5 star moderate hotel.

We've stayed in Ritz-Carlton's to tents. This is a well kept and clean establishment to rest your head for a night or two.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tampa
SpringHill Suites Tampa Brandon
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon Regency Park
Comfort Suites Tampa / Brandon
Homewood Suites Tampa Brandon
Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa Brandon

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa/Brandon? Share your experiences!