“Comfortable and Clean!”

Ranked #73 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Lakeland, Florida
“Comfortable and Clean!”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We have recently started looking for Country Inns when we travel because they are usually clean and comfortable. Although this property is not quite as nice as the Country Inn and Suites a few miles away in Seffner, it was certainly acceptable and we would stay again. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast offered quite a few choices! There was no shortage on food only on a place to sit to enjoy your breakfast! I will never understand why people are so inconsiderate that they will sit at a table in the breakfast room reading the newspaper after they have finished eating, when they can step right outside and sit on a comfortable sofa!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Lakeland, Florida
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Checked into Country Inn & Suites in Brandon, FL for a one-night stay on 03/16/2012.

Check-in was quick and we were put in Room # 206. It was a handicapped accessible room, which made us worry at first. We hoped not to have to re-live the shortcomings of a previous handicapped room at a CI&S in Gettysburg, PA last year.

Not to have worried. The bathroom contained an actual bathtub, albeit with lots of grab bars and an auxiliary hand shower attachment. The low to the ground clothes rod was there, but not a problem, really.

The room was pretty much standard and reasonably comfortable.

Unfortunately, the air conditioner sounded like a roaring jet engine every time it went on, making for a not so restful sleep.

Included breakfast was serviceable and included the make-your-own waffles.

On the whole, a completely acceptable stay that met our expectations.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed March 4, 2012

We have stayed at many Country Inn & Suites, but this one seemed a little older and dated than most we have experienced. The fitness center was temporarily closed, but could use the fitness center of hotel next door. Could easily hear noise from other rooms. The best thing about the hotel was a very nice selection for breakfast, and would give the breakfast a very high rating. We have stayed at the Country Inn & Suites in Seffner, just a few miles away and found it a much nicer facility. When we travel, we try to experience local restaurants rather than the chains. We found a great local jewel called Ben's Family Restaurant just a couple miles from the hotel and would definitely eat there again when in the area.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Brandon, Florida
Reviewed February 9, 2012

When I throw something in the garbage, I except it to be treated as garbage and disposed. The current 2002 management of the The Country Inn & Suites in Brandon FL seems to disagree.

You need to be very careful what you throw in the garbage at this place. They will go through it microscopically piece by piece. If you spit a piece of gum in a tissue, wrap it, throw it into a McDonalds take out bag, wrap and crunch that and toss it in the garbage, I guarantee that the whole reception will still know what flavor gum you chewed.

I have never encountered something like this before. The manager is never available when you need him. It seems like he is trying to avoid you purposely. He was unavailable throughout my whole stay. Conveniently one of the receptionists favorite lines is: "I am sorry, this can only be done by the manager and he isn't available right now. "

I am glad that they don't require the manager to sign-off for extra rolls of toilet paper. Otherwise I would have found myself with a crappy bud in a crappy place.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Thomas B
Bronx, New York
Reviewed February 8, 2012

I give this hotel 5 stars plus it was the best hotel i ever stayed at in Tampa Florida. they where very friendly extremely helpful. and i there prices are fabolous for there rooms. I went there with my mom and two babies and it was just the best experience ever. i would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for a great place to stay. stay here

Room Tip: they all are greatttt
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Palmer, Texas
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Being a fan of the better known chains, this hotel was booked because the price was unbelieveable compared to some of the chain hotels located within the same vicinity. I figured I could stay one night and then check out and go across the street if the hotel didn't work out. I ended up staying 3 nights and then re-booked for 2 additional nights later when I needed a hotel before finishing my trip. I will go back again in March 2012 and won't even think of going anywhere else.
Yes, you can pay more and get more; but in the bigger chain hotel I booked into on my last trip, I got a flooded lobby; the constant sound of cars stopping for a red light at the intersection not 200 yards away; and, then at 4am the garbage truck collected the refuse right beneath my window. And this was after I requested a quiet room. At Country Inn & Suites, I not only got a quiet corner room on the top floor, I also was told that I qualified for a discount due to my age, so the price I was quoted over the phone wasn't what I paid. What I did get was a clean, quiet room with a buffet breakfast (okay, this wasn't as good as the major chain hotel, but it was sufficient for the overall price) and a great front desk staff.
This was my first stay at Country Inn & Suites, but it won't be my last. At least this location deserves 4 stars.
Be sure to ask the difference in price for a standard room and their other options. If you need a refrig and a little more space, the price is right to move to a larger room or one of their suites!
This is a newer property about 20 minutes from downtown Tampa.

Room Tip: Staff will put you where you request. For me, I always request the top floor so I don't listen t...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NoCents
Reviewed January 19, 2012

The hotel is very clean. The staff is friendly. Close to everything. Easy access to I-75. The breakfast was ok.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank kim01Utah
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tampa
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon
SpringHill Suites Tampa Brandon
Courtyard Tampa Brandon
Courtyard Tampa Brandon
#79 of 163 in Tampa
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon Regency Park
Homewood Suites Tampa Brandon
Comfort Suites Tampa / Brandon

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa/Brandon? Share your experiences!