“This is very special!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Tampa, FL
“This is very special!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

We live in Tampa and for my birthday we decided to stay at the newly remodeled Le Meridian for several nights. I work downtown and having watched the construction at the hotel for well over a year I was very excited about our stay. But I was also trying to be realistic about the level of service to expect. You know, new hotel, new employees, etc. Wow did I misjudge. From the moment I walked in the front door my expectations were always exceeded. I received a very warm welcome from Evanlee, the Hostess at the front desk. She made me feel extremely welcome, made sure I understood where everything was and was just an all around nice person. After I checked in I ran outside to put some money in the parking meter. Right at that moment it started raining and David at the Valet Station saw me fighting with the parking meter and ran across the street and held an umbrella over my head so I won't get soaked. The people at the bakery couldn't be nicer or more accomodating when we bought pastries to take back to our room. Our room was great and bed was extremely comfortable. The building is beautiful and the remodeling job is first class. And on and on it goes. Needless to say, I love this place and the people that work there. This place is very special.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Likestotravel100
Scarbro-GM, General Manager at Le Meridien Tampa, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Thank you for celebrating your special day with us! Our iconic building speaks for itself however our amazing associates are what builds loyalty. One guest at a time. Appreciate your tremendous feedback!

Travrel safe.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

If you are looking to stay in downtown Tampa like we were, this is the place. I agree and second all the compliments from the other reviewers - excellent service, charming decor, comfy beds. A few things I'd like to add:

Rooms: The floors have different ceiling heights. The third floor and I think the second too have very high ceilings. This makes the rooms a lot more spacious. The 4th floor has lower ceilings and then the ground and first floors appeared to have even lower ceilings. I didn't go to the 5th so don't know. We first had a room on the 4th but asked to switch and got a way larger and better one on the third

Corner rooms does NOT equal large room! In most hotels getting a corner room is a treat. In this one, the corner rooms (at least that we saw) are squashed by two others and appear to be smaller that the non corner. Our first room from which we switched was corner and felt very thight and small(felt same size as the bathroom). The one we switched to was way better. Regardless of size, space usage at that hotel is amazing. They make the most out of every inch. Even the chair pushes all the way into the desk and has a towel hanger

Yes, the coffee is amazing! Best ever. But so is the tea! Loved it

Each room has a small fridge. Very convenient.

Beds are very soft and comfortable. You get one free water bottle in the room

Bathrooms are huge and very nice. I'd wish for more shelf space bug can't really complain. Lovely.

Lobby feels a bit thight and small with low ceilings. There is a bar there but feels too thight. However if you go to the second floor where is the restaurant there is a gorgeous bar with high ceilings

Pool is very tough to find but if you do, it's nicely decorated. It's on the small side due to space but nice feature

Gym is spacious, has ok equipment but feels depressing due to lack of windows. I ran outside each morning so I only stopped by gym to lift a few weights and it was ok for that.

I'd definitely stay at that hotel again if I'm visiting downtown Tampa. Awesome job and best of luck!!

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GizelleAnaji
Scarbro-GM, General Manager at Le Meridien Tampa, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
What an incredible review! We are certainly unique to Tampa and appreciate you agreeing to all the positive reviews. We value feedback and use it as a motivator to the team. Each room is unique and most have high ceilings and large windows with historic trim. Each visit is a discovery moment!

Travel safe.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Le Meridien in Tampa is a design gem. Often, these types of architectural experiments go wrong. Not here. Constructed from an old courthouse, the architects did a superb job of providing a modern and elegant flair without compromising the historical preservation of the space.

The service is top-notch, as is expected from this brand. The rooms are spacious, with vaulted ceilings, and the amenities are top-shelf. The beds are crazy comfy!

So, if you're looking for a 4/5-star experience in the heart of Tampa, look no further.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Location
1 Thank opera101
Could not agree more! Always a pleasure to hear about our iconic building however our associates are truly what makes us great.

Thank you for taking the time to write and travel safe!
Oakland Park, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Had to travel to Tampa for business and was booked at Le Meridien by the office. The Hotel has been open just five weeks and is built in a Historic Courthouse. From the staff at the curb, to the front desk and everyone else, there was a friendly, smiling person wherever and whenever needed! They arranged for shuttles, recommended a fabulous restaurant and were absolutely top-notch! They remembered names and anticipated needs at every turn. The décor of the hotel is new, fresh and comfortable. The rooms, built in the old judges chambers are spectacularly appointed with illy coffee makers, comfortable beds and a glorious shower. Can't say enough good about this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Anne S
Scarbro-GM, General Manager at Le Meridien Tampa, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Could not agree more! Thank you for such kind words and happy, but not surprised about the staff experience.

Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Travel safe.
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

My family and I visited Tampa for 4th of July and stayed at Le Meridien hotel only 3 weeks after it had opened. My husband in 2 small girls all shared a room. I was hesitant at first but the rooms were very spacious and laid out very smart. The beds very extremely comfortable, probably one of the best we've stayed on. The staff was attentive and very warm with my two children. The pool was a nice size and the kids loved it. The renovation was done beautifully and made the experience really unique. We ate at the restaurant and enjoyed the food. There we not kids options yet but the server was attentive enough to keep them occupied with extra bread. But, my favorite part of the experience was the complimentary illy latte every morning and of course bought the yummy french pastries to go along.
The only improvement I would suggest are more hooks in the bathroom to allow the towels to dry. We wanted to participate in the Green Program but couldn't keep our towels dry to use the next day.
And, the in-room iron was not great quality. Other then that, no complaints.
My family travels quite bit all over the country and we really enjoyed our stay. It was a very unique experience, and definitely a great addition to Tampa.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 stars
Scarbro-GM, General Manager at Le Meridien Tampa, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Could not agree more! Pleased that you were able to experience our amazing property with your family. Will pass on the incredible comments regarding our associates as they truly build loyalty. Regarding hooks, behind each bathroom door, you will find one along with a towel bar.

Look forward to your next visit and travel safe!
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

I had high hopes for this place because of its interesting architecture (repurposed courthouse) and French-centric theme. However, I don't think they want locals to meet and spend money here. The ground floor lobby is cold and dark, the cafe area has awkward seating for a total of 10 people, coffee and a pastry totals $10, but what is truly unforgiving is in the common areas you have to PAY FOR WIFI. I was planning on having a small meeting here but immediately moved it. And it took asking 3 staffers before my question was answered. Au revoir, Le Meridien.

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
3 Thank friesfrench
Scarbro-GM, General Manager at Le Meridien Tampa, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you for your review. We certainly take great pride with catering to the local community and have shared your comments with the team. Our Wi-Fi is complimentary in the lobby for hotel and Bizou patrons and eager to share. If you are connecting to our meeting room hot spot, you may have encountered a fee question.

Looking forward to seeing you back at the property and feel free to contact me personally when you return.

Take care
sarasota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

pros - well documented by other reviews, all true
cons -$10 to use the internet. government involvement scares me - im just too much of a libertarian I guess.
overall I enjoyed it but I had a connection to the history of this building others may not have and hard to know if they will go for it or not.

Room Tip: no one room better than the others