“If you're staying in Downtown Tampa, look no further.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le Meridien Tampa

Le Meridien Tampa
Ranked #11 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
New York City, New York
“If you're staying in Downtown Tampa, look no further.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Le Meridien in Tampa is a design gem. Often, these types of architectural experiments go wrong. Not here. Constructed from an old courthouse, the architects did a superb job of providing a modern and elegant flair without compromising the historical preservation of the space.

The service is top-notch, as is expected from this brand. The rooms are spacious, with vaulted ceilings, and the amenities are top-shelf. The beds are crazy comfy!

So, if you're looking for a 4/5-star experience in the heart of Tampa, look no further.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Location
1 Thank opera101
Scarbro-GM, General Manager at Le Meridien Tampa, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Could not agree more! Always a pleasure to hear about our iconic building however our associates are truly what makes us great.

Thank you for taking the time to write and travel safe!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Oakland Park, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Had to travel to Tampa for business and was booked at Le Meridien by the office. The Hotel has been open just five weeks and is built in a Historic Courthouse. From the staff at the curb, to the front desk and everyone else, there was a friendly, smiling person wherever and whenever needed! They arranged for shuttles, recommended a fabulous restaurant and were absolutely top-notch! They remembered names and anticipated needs at every turn. The décor of the hotel is new, fresh and comfortable. The rooms, built in the old judges chambers are spectacularly appointed with illy coffee makers, comfortable beds and a glorious shower. Can't say enough good about this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Anne S
Scarbro-GM, General Manager at Le Meridien Tampa, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Could not agree more! Thank you for such kind words and happy, but not surprised about the staff experience.

Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Travel safe.
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

My family and I visited Tampa for 4th of July and stayed at Le Meridien hotel only 3 weeks after it had opened. My husband in 2 small girls all shared a room. I was hesitant at first but the rooms were very spacious and laid out very smart. The beds very extremely comfortable, probably one of the best we've stayed on. The staff was attentive and very warm with my two children. The pool was a nice size and the kids loved it. The renovation was done beautifully and made the experience really unique. We ate at the restaurant and enjoyed the food. There we not kids options yet but the server was attentive enough to keep them occupied with extra bread. But, my favorite part of the experience was the complimentary illy latte every morning and of course bought the yummy french pastries to go along.
The only improvement I would suggest are more hooks in the bathroom to allow the towels to dry. We wanted to participate in the Green Program but couldn't keep our towels dry to use the next day.
And, the in-room iron was not great quality. Other then that, no complaints.
My family travels quite bit all over the country and we really enjoyed our stay. It was a very unique experience, and definitely a great addition to Tampa.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Scarbro-GM, General Manager at Le Meridien Tampa, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Could not agree more! Pleased that you were able to experience our amazing property with your family. Will pass on the incredible comments regarding our associates as they truly build loyalty. Regarding hooks, behind each bathroom door, you will find one along with a towel bar.

Look forward to your next visit and travel safe!
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

I had high hopes for this place because of its interesting architecture (repurposed courthouse) and French-centric theme. However, I don't think they want locals to meet and spend money here. The ground floor lobby is cold and dark, the cafe area has awkward seating for a total of 10 people, coffee and a pastry totals $10, but what is truly unforgiving is in the common areas you have to PAY FOR WIFI. I was planning on having a small meeting here but immediately moved it. And it took asking 3 staffers before my question was answered. Au revoir, Le Meridien.

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
      Cleanliness
3 Thank friesfrench
Scarbro-GM, General Manager at Le Meridien Tampa, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you for your review. We certainly take great pride with catering to the local community and have shared your comments with the team. Our Wi-Fi is complimentary in the lobby for hotel and Bizou patrons and eager to share. If you are connecting to our meeting room hot spot, you may have encountered a fee question.

Looking forward to seeing you back at the property and feel free to contact me personally when you return.

Take care
sarasota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

pros - well documented by other reviews, all true
cons -$10 to use the internet. government involvement scares me - im just too much of a libertarian I guess.
overall I enjoyed it but I had a connection to the history of this building others may not have and hard to know if they will go for it or not.

Room Tip: no one room better than the others
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for your comments and happy to share really great feedback thus far. Many of our guests have shared a great connection and looking forward to several more.

Travel safe and look forward to seeing you soon.
New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This place was an Old Courthouse that was turned into a Very Nice Historic Renovation Hotel !
The bell staff greeted me upon arrival they were Outstanding, the front desk staff were also Outstanding and very friendly !
the rooms & the views are very nice !
if your in the Tampa area you should stay at Le Meridien & enjoy this Outstanding Unique Property !

Amber DeLuca

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank TheHitManMine
Our renovation was amazing. Iconic transformation coupled with high levels of service certainly has made a mark within Tampa.

Thank you for the review and travel safe!
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

A friend recommended the restaurant at Le Meridien for business lunches. I immediately reviewed the place and it looked great. I called and made a lunch reservation for 12:30 to bring a client. Upon arrival they did not have a table for me and my client even though I took the time to call and reserve. It took them almost 30 minutes to get us a table (even though I politely asked the manager for help...she was quite rude actually) and needless to say I was embarrased for them and my client. Once we sat down the experience was much better. The food was quite good and the place is very nice. I'm always happy to see historic buildings turned into practical places. The ahi tuna salad was perfect! My client had one of the flatbreads and was satisfied.
I will give them another chance but they must work on honoring their reservations, especially during rush lunch hour.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank wmraleigh
Scarbro-GM, General Manager at Le Meridien Tampa, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments with us and will be shared with team members. We value your loyalty and can empathize with how you may have felt. Bizou has experienced a high level of demand since opening and many patrons are visiting. Good issue to have and we are fine tuning daily to include the reservation process.

Look forward to your next visit and feel free to reach out personally for your next reservation.

Take care