“Great Place to Stay.”

Ranked #31 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
florida
“Great Place to Stay.”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Quiet location, great service with friendly staff. Close to I-75. Hotel grounds and rooms are really clean. Perfect place for our family, especially having the kitchen and it is a suite. Having a separate room is a big plus.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Jason B, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tampa Brandon, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Family_man674,

Thank you so much for your review. We realize you have plenty of choices when traveling to our area and we thank you for choosing us! We hope you come back and stay again soon!

Thanks again,

Jason Bargar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I've stayed at a lot of all-suite/extended stay type hotels and this is definitely one of the best. If you've become annoyed at how doors slam when people exit their rooms during all times of the night and early morning at other hotels, this one will impress. It seems Hilton figured out how a door should close - THANK YOU.

The room was updated, clean, and classy. The small kitchen was adequate and new. The separate bedroom was large, had an extremely comfortable bed, and the mirrored closet was a nice touch. Other than the kids playing in the hallway, I didn't hear any others around me. The TVs are larger than in most hotels (one in bedroom and the other in living room) and the furniture is much better.

The front desk staff both at check in and check out were friendly and professional. The breakfast staff was also very professional and accommodating. The breakfast was good but I enjoy a better selection of fresh fruit (they had red Delicious apples and canned fruit cocktail) - it would seem appropriate to offer some kind of citrus (oranges, grapefruit, tangerines) considering the location.

This would be a great hotel for families and possibly business (if you get a room in the corner perhaps). While it's off !-75, it's a bit difficult to get to from a side street at night - easier in the morning. I thought all and all, this hotel was a great value and I'll definitely check out when back in town next month. :)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
PalmBeacher06,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us! I loved the feedback on the fruit and we will discuss the possibilities of expanding our fruit selection. We appreciate you choosing our hotel and we hope to see you again soon!

Thank you again!

Irmo, South Carolina
Reviewed March 5, 2014

As a frequent visitor to the Tampa/Brandon area several times per year, I'm always on the lookout for an affordable-yet-nice property to stay at while visiting my children, and I think I may have found my favorite new place to stay. Because my 3 kids stay with me on my visit, I have to have a hotel that offers separate rooms, and that's hard to find unless you want to pay a pretty penny for it.

I came across Homewood Suites because of it's prime location in the heart of Brandon, where my kids live. I was able to check in early, which is always a bonus, and my room was exactly what was described on the website when I booked it. A very comfortable living area with a 37" television, a full kitchen - albeit a little small - but completely furnished with a microwave, stovetop, fridge, and even a dishwasher. The bedroom was HUGE, with two queen beds (always a plus over doubles), a 32" TV, and full bath and separate vanity area. My kids were extremely satisfied to have their own space, separate from me in the living area stuck on yet another sofa bed (I'm used to it by now). But, as sofa beds go, this one was actually not that bad.

The hotel price included a hot breakfast, but you never really know what you're getting in advance, as a hot breakfast can be very vague. Not here though...scrambled eggs, hash browns, sausages and/or bacon, plus oatmeal, waffles, and a variety of breads, pastries, cereal, and fruit. Eating a full breakfast each morning probably saved me $20 to $30 per day if we had gone out instead. I enjoyed being able to drink a cup of hot coffee out of an actual mug that was provided, instead of a styrofoam cup. And the breakfast area was spacious and very-nicely designed, with an assortment of tables, booths, and counters for whatever your needs are, and a two-sided fireplace that fortunately was not needed as the weather was in the '80s all weekend. Still a nice attraction though!

The outside area around the pool was very spacious as well, with plenty of places to sit around the pool. There is also an outdoor basketball court that is enclosed and very-well kept. My son spent virtually his entire stay outside playing ball and said it was his favorite part of our visit.

There is even a small "store" located behind the front desk that is open 24 hours, with a variety of sodas, water, snacks, candy, and even toiletries. With a credit card on file, my kids could go down and get whatever they wanted and charge it back to the room, and prices were fair - about what you'd expect to pay in a hotel.

Overall, almost a perfect experience. Just two minor complaints: no balconies, just large windows that open about 6 inches. And, despite my repeated requests, housekeeping only left 3 towels each day, despite the fact that I informed her that we had 4 guests in our room. On both days, I had to go down to the front desk and get another towel so that we could all take showers. But if those are the only issues, then I can overlook that and move on!

The location is perfect for getting around Brandon; easy access to I-75, Brandon Mall, the movie theatres, and many restaurants, both sit-down and fast food. There is a Hooters, McDonalds, and Subway just across the street from the hotel, and most other places within a mile or two across the bridge into Brandon. In addition, as I flew in, getting to the hotel from downtown was a breeze by taking the causeway.

As I mentioned above, I will definitely return to this hotel on future visits; I anxious to check out the two-bedroom units, as I was told they offer a king bed in one room along with two queens in the other, and two baths, which would be perfect for us and keep me off of that darn sofa bed! Kudos to the staff for being extremely friendly and helpful, and thanks for a great weekend!

Room Tip: Breakfast area can get quite busy right before breakfast ends, so get an early start!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Nightowl50,

Thank you for such an amazing review of your stay with us! I couldn't be happier that we were such a great fit for what you and your family needed. We hope you have many trips back to Brandon and that you continue to have great experiences as you had for this stay. We look forward to seeing you again!

arizona
Reviewed February 27, 2014

What a treat!! This staff was the friendliest of any hotel staff in all the hotels in which we have stayed. The suite was well kept. The breakfasts and evening reception/dinners were delicious. Outside seating was spacious.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

marlborough, United States
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Very nice facility. The survey for trip advisory does a disservice to anyone taking it. Having to place an minium of 200 charecter is what most people find annoying. Very dissppointed in this portion and sours my taste for hilton, because this is so time consuming.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Orleans, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 25, 2014

My husband and I spent 14 days at your hotel in Brandon in February 2014. The room was comfortable and clean. The breakfast was very nice and the evening meal a totally pleasant surprise. Everything exceeded our expectations. You and your staff were so gracious and friendly.There wasn't a time when we weren't greeted with a friendly comment and a smile. Thank you for making our vacation so memorable. We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Tampa area. The accommodations are excellent and the hotel is located near many attractions and has immediate access to the Interstates.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Lake Worth, United States
Reviewed February 20, 2014

My family and I had a wonderful experience at Homewood Suites. The staff was polite and professional. The room was very clean and comfortable. An additional, the free breakfast was a plus! "The only issue I had was a strong smell of marijuana on my floor by a guest at the hotel." After reporting it twice, it stopped on the second day.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tampa
Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa Brandon
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon Regency Park
SpringHill Suites Tampa Brandon
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Tampa/Brandon
Hilton Garden Inn Tampa / Riverview / Brandon
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon

Been to Homewood Suites Tampa Brandon? Share your experiences!