“Excellent Stay”

Homewood Suites Tampa Brandon
Ranked #27 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The staff was amazing and nice. Room was clean when I arrived and cleaning staff did a good job keeping up on room during my stay. Complimentary breakfast was pretty good. Loved that they serve free dinner every night Monday - Thursday, definitely helped to stay on a budget while there.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Jason B, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tampa Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Kortnie W,

Wow, thank you for such a great review of your stay with us. We are so happy that we were able to make your stay as good as we did! We hope you come back and visit us again soon!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Hotel was clean, quite, staff was very friendly. It was nice to have a seperate living room and bedrom. The full kitchen was clean and supplied with kitchen items to use. Several restaurants choices in surroundiung area which provided several dinning options.

Dee M,

Thank you so much for the great comments regarding your most recent stay with us! I am pleased we were a good option for you while in the Tampa/Brandon area. We hope to see you again soon!

Thank you again!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

The room was dirty. Drapes had stains. Cover was musty, and snags everywhere. The roomed smelled. Chew toy under footstool from previous guests pet. Had to ask for room cleaning and linens- twice! Air conditioner was not getting cold during the day. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Jason B, General Manager at Homewood Suites Tampa Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

Teresa T,

I am so sorry to hear about the inconvenience we caused you during your stay. I can assure you I will be looking into this matter. Our goal is to be the cleanest and friendliest hotel and we have failed you as a guest, we have failed our hotel, and we have failed our brand.

I hope on a future trip to the area, you will afford us the opportunity at a second chance to provide you with the service and cleanliness that you not only expect, but deserve.

We realize you have plenty of options in Tampa to choose from, and I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

This was an overnight stay only before a cruise and for that the room more than served its purpose. The property itself was very nice. We had a huge room and it was clean. The breakfast was really good and better than the Hampton breakfast we had the day before. My biggest complaint was the front desk service and to some extent I understand the situation but still. A very large group was waiting to check in when we arrived and it appeared they had multiple rooms being shared. I was almost immediately assisted but I was not welcomed, was not welcomed as a Hilton Honors guest, and even though it was after the 3pm check in time I was told they were't sure if my room was ready or not. I waited in the lobby for nearly 45 minutes for them to verify my room was ready. In the meantime the large group apparently figured out they could squeeze more people into one room and they called down to cancel another room. The poor 1 person at the desk had to contact someone else and appeared to be in an argument with them over fire code etc but seemed to be told to let them do it anyway. There apparently was also some issue with the water in another room as it seemed another room was being used just so folks could use the shower. Again, as a guest I shouldn't hear conversations like that. But this was all very vocal and loud while I'm sitting in the lobby waiting to get my room key.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

thinson,

I cannot express how much I appreciate the feedback you provided from your stay with us! As a manager who cannot be here 100% of the time, it is rewarding when our guests give us feedback, both positive and negative. I completely agree with you that some conversations should be kept from the public ears and this will certainly be addressed.

I would like to thank you for being a loyal member of Hilton Honors and let you know that this too will be addressed with all staff members because of the importance of recognizing all guests, especially Hilton Honor Loyal members.

I hope you enjoyed your cruise after you left our property. Should your travels bring you back to the Tampa area, I hope you will consider staying with us again and provide us the opportunity to show you the improvements we will be making with our service standards!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

My business partners and I stayed at this Hotel on a whim because we were unfamiliar with the Brandon area. We had no prior knowledge of what to expect so I decided to take a chance. What a pleasant surprise. Veronica immediately made our check-in experience pleasant. Later that evening we ate in the Dining area and the Staff was very pleasant and went out of their way to make sure we had plenty to eat. The food was good and plenty. The rooms were clean and did not have that musty hotel room smell. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a great place to stay.

Albert B,

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to review your stay with us. It is always a pleasure when our staff is able to wow a guest and get recognized for their efforts. I will be sure to pass this information on to the rest of the satff! We hope now that you are a little more familiar with Brandon that you may return to the area soon and give us the opportunity to serve you again!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Very pleasant experience would definitely stay again. Staff very friendly, great breakfast. Very clean, good location. Quiet comfortable rooms. Didn't use the pool but looked very nice and clean. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Debra G,

Thank you for your review! I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully, you can return and relax a little bit around our pool! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Stayed here with family of four on way to Sanibel Island from Tampa Airport. Fast check-in, front desk clerk was extremely helpful in finding a spot for dinner after a long flight from Massachusetts. Room was spacious (king bed w/ pull out sofa sleeper). All the lights works, the AC was pumping when we arrived, bathroom amenities - mix of Neutrogena and Bath and Body Works. Furntiure was in good shape, though the area was a little cramped around the kitchen and dining table (2 chairs). TVs worked great (though the menu for using the regular channels would take us through all the pay-for channels and premium movies first. Shower was great - very hot and strong pressure.

Breakfast was very typical, sausage, scrambled eggs, potatoes, make it yourself waffles, cereals and fruit (apples, oranges, cut fruit) and beverages. Coffee was very good - strong. Room was very airy, high ceiling and plenty of outdoor light. Place was packed at 7 AM. Highlight was a young man - Ernest, who spoke to everyone and checked on their breakfasts. Kudos to him for his friendliness.

Kids even went to pool at 10, which was very clean, furniture was all in good shape, and some tubes were there for floating.

Will definitely stay there again when we fly into Tampa Airport.

Room Tip: Lots of chain restaurants down the street.