“Well Managed, Good Food, Great People”

Homewood Suites Tampa Brandon
Ranked #29 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Have stayed at this property annually for 3 years (about 10 days each year) and it's definitely my first choice when in the Tampa area for business. That said, on my most recent trip I had check-out early (Jan-23) because I found a bed-bug on a pillow before laying down. While I believe it was an isolated incident, it's still a scary thing. Front-desk was extremely helpful when I brought it to their attention and refunded my stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank hilemasm
James H, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites Tampa Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am glad to hear we are your first choice when staying in Tampa! At a hotel level, we take statements like this very seriously and are 100% committed to the safety and satisfaction of our guests. Upon receiving your complaint, we had the room professionally cleaned and thoroughly inspected. A paid Massey Services Senior Service Specialist confirmed the guest room is clean and free of any pests.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Just stayed three nights for business and found this to be a very well run Hilton property. The manager was attentive and she ensured that guests were well cared for and happy. The food was so good that I stayed at the hotel for dinner each night. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
James H, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites Tampa Brandon, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

Thank you for the kind words on our hotel cleanliness and for recognizing one of our managers. Guest comfort is very important to us. We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We were pleased with the furnishings of the king suite. It was spacious, clean, and we like the convenience of having 2 bathrooms, especially having the vanity area separate from the bathroom/shower area. We like the Brandon area -- restaurants, shopping are close by. We had a family function to attend and needed the extra bedroom & bath. We will return to stay. I recommend this hotel --- we can depend on the Homewood Suites branch to deliver a comfortable place to stay.

Room Tip: The king suite is spacious. The room was quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank GilliganGirl

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you were very satisfied with your stay. Our two-bedroom suites can sleep up to eight people comfortably. We hope to see you the next time you are in town!

Reviewed January 12, 2013

The restaurant staff was excellent. The breakfast and dinner choices were more than adequate. If you are not a disabled traveler and don't have any special needs this hotel is awesome. The beds were comfortable and the kitchenettes in the room well stocked with utensils and dishes. The internet does fade in and out if you are on Wi-Fi. The cable TV went out for about an hour one evening. Please see my tips below if you have ADA accommodation needs.

Room Tip: If you need ADA accommodations make sure you are very clear in your request. They do not know the di...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed December 30, 2012

When traveling and with my husband and children, we usually try and find a Homewood Suites to stay in no matter what part of the country we travel to. This was by far one of the best if not the best one we have stayed at. The service was outstanding, everyone was so friendly. We received an early check-in around 11am. The dinner was impressive and great breakfast. It was an overall awesome experience...if I knew it was so nice I would have probably stayed a day longer before traveling to Miami. The kids enjoyed swimming and the basketball court, my husband was able to workout at the sister hotel next door, they served beer and wine during dinner and the hotel is very clean. You won't regret staying here...it's home away from home.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Just what the family needed for a 4 day stay while visiting our family in Tampa and St. Pete during the holidays. We were assigned to room 712 when we arrived but the room smelled like cigarette smoke residue and the AC was not working. So a call to the front desk solved the problem very quickly. They moved us and the new room was perfect. Separate sleeping area from the living room and a full kitchen with full fridge, stove and pots, pans and the works ! Can not get wrong with the combo. Excellent WI-FI coverage (critical for a teenager!) Two flat screen TV’s. Whisper sound AC (kind of central type) let us sleep all night without waking up … critical for us. Hot and cold breakfast was very good … plenty of food and well prepared. My only complaint is that to get to the hotel from I-75 you have to drive via a variety of adult oriented establishments along the highway with plenty of advertising along the route. I counted seven in a 5 mile section. But I guess this is Tampa …. But I will recommend this hotel for an extended stay .. by the way, there is a Embassy Suites right next door just in case you want a little more upscale experience.

Room Tip: When you reserve ask for a room on the opposite side of the highway. Even though our room was quiet...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sts9292
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Location was close to where ever I needed to go or visit. The bed was very comfortable and the shower was nice and roomy as well, I loved the fact that we had a full size fridge along with a microwave and a dishwasher. Breakfast and dinner were a great plus; the staff was so friendly and nice. This is my new place to stay when I'm in Tampa,

Room Tip: I was very happy with the whole experience.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tampa
Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa Brandon
Courtyard Tampa Brandon
Courtyard Tampa Brandon
#86 of 164 in Tampa
Hilton Garden Inn Tampa / Riverview / Brandon
SpringHill Suites Tampa Brandon
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon Regency Park
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Brandon

Been to Homewood Suites Tampa Brandon? Share your experiences!