“average place for lunch”
Review of Gaspar's Grotto

Gaspar's Grotto
Reserve with OpenTable
Gaspar's Grotto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #205 of 2,567 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Caribbean, Cuban
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: Historic Ybor
Description: We are Tampa's most popular watering hole. Located in historic ybor City, there is no better place to get in tune with the local culture than by meeting the locals at Gaspar's Grotto. Truth be told there is no place like it and here is no place to have more fun with less money! Ring the World's largest tip bell. Enjoy a Cuban Sandwich. Meet and greet the famous Bar Cat, Tanker Ray. You may get a peek at the friendly ghost that haunts the place!. Don't miss this place. You'll be guaranteed to leave with wonderful memories.
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Stopped by here for the first time for a lunch. We got the cuban sandwich which was fairly good. It seemed they were out of several items on the menu to where we had to keep looking for other items. Service was fair. The atmosphere was kind of neat with some unique decor. Maybe would stop here again?

Reviewed May 29, 2014

Lots of beer Choices , Great Staff and Awesome food ~~~~ Close to Channel side , Aquarium , Lots of Shopping ` Will Definitely Recommend ~~

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I was surprised how good the Cuban sandwich and the fries were. The drinks were weak. The service suck as I read is bad. If they get their service right the atmosphere and food will make this a great place. I hope they read the reviews because everyone complained about the service.

1  Thank erygom
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

I searched and searched for hours trying to find a brunch place with good reviews for a good price. As I was driving to another place (Jackson's) I drove past Gaspar's and made a u-turn. This is a great brunch! All you can eat brunch buffet and reg menu items as well. The servers are very friendly and the seafood was FRESH. I am a vegetarian and had many options but my husband said all the items I did not eat were delicious as well. Bottle of champagne AND vodka with a juice bar to make your own Bloody Mary's or Mimosas for $31. WHAT A STEAL!!! Do yourself a favor and choose this spot. Great food, service and atmosphere! A must for Tampa bay!

Reviewed April 26, 2014

We had signed up for a ghost tour & this was the meeting place so we decided to eat dinner here before the ghost tour. The atmosphere was fun & the food was good. The service on the other hand left a lot to be desired. The waiter was nice but the service was poor. Once we ordered (2 Cuban sandwiches) it took about 15 minutes for the food to come to the table. ( There was really nobody in the place since it was early). Then we decided to split a grilled cheese. We had a problem finding our waiter but we finally did & ordered it. It then took another 20 for the food to show up. The waiter never came back to check on us the whole time we were there. When the grilled cheese came out I told the waiter that we wanted to order milkshakes but I was concerned that they wouldn't come out in time for us to make the ghost tour, he said we should be fine, and we were. Like I said, the waiter was nice but just unattentive.