Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center
Marriott Hotels
$179
$136
  • Restaurant
Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay(Tampa)
$159
$85
$72
2,158 results
All reviewsvalet parkingamalie arenatrolley stoppretzelsfree happy hourevening receptionmade to order omeletshockey gamemanagers receptionomelet stationfree breakfastvalet servicetampa downtownliving roomriver walkthird floorcruise terminal
Reviewed May 3, 2010

Just what I expect from Ebassy Suites. Beautiful Views depending on your room view. We had one of the bay. Excellent professional staff from front desk to car valet. Nice location with-in 10 minute walking distance of restaurants. Excellent morning breakfast buffet. Only down side is you have to pay $20 for parking.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank calcalvin
Reviewed April 27, 2010

We stayed here while in town for 98 Rock Fest. The location is great. Walking distance to Channelside Plaza, the Florida Aquarium and SOHO.

The staff was friendly and helpful in all areas of the hotel. The room was large and we had a great view of downtown Tampa.

Lots of places to walk from this hotel including Channelside, Davis Island or downtown Tampa.

Cabs lineup right outside the hotel so it is easy to get a ride to SOHO or Ybor. SOHO is less than a 1.5 mile walk so you can just walk if the weather is nice and you are heading to a bar or place to eat.

The Trolley's restaurant delivered to the pool or it was just a quick trip down to get a drink.

Elevators can be a little slow, but not uncommon for a hotel with 20 floors. We would stay here again if coming to town for a concert, convention or cruise.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PCBeach
Reviewed March 23, 2010

We spent three nights at the Embassy Suites Downtown in March 2010. We found the hotel to staff to be efficient and friendly, the rooms to be spacious and the location convenient to the things we wanted to do in the downtown Tampa area.

The full breakfast, with made to order omlets, each morning was well prepared and really added to the value of the room rate. At peak times you will stand in line for a few minutes to get your food. However, everything is fresh and well stocked and the seating area adequate and staffed to make sure that dishes are cleared promptly.

We only attended the Manager's reception once during our stay, but were please to be able to get a full array of complimentary cocktails in addition to beer and wine. Again, be prepared to wait in line at peak times.

The room was very spacious, even by suite hotel standards. For the most part the room was clean. However, both of the television screens were filthy. Not just dusty, but splattered with with something sticky/greasy.

The hotel is very convenient to the Trolley line that runs past Channelside Plaza, the Florida Aquarium and through Ybor City.

The only negative experience we had occurred at the hotel bar, Trolley's, the evening we arrived. I believe this was probably an isolated event related to a staff member with a personal issue, rather than being the way they treat customers regularily. Regardless, it kept us from returning to the bar or dining in the restaurant. Champions bar across the street at the Marriot is a better destination for food and drink.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CynthaDelTorro
Reviewed March 14, 2010

my husband and i stayed here from feb.26 to mar.1,2010.we found the suite very accomodating.it was very clean and well layed out.there is eveything you would need.separate room,wet bar,microwave,fridge,table/chairs and lounging area.its in a great location too,next to the convention centre and just a few steps from the st.pete forum et.c...the rooms were practically new and very up to date with granite counter tops in bathroom and wet bar area.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PAM4550
Reviewed March 6, 2010

I recently traveled to Tampa for business and decided to stay at this hotel since my meetings were all downtown. I can definitely say that this place's location and view was really nice - I could see Tampa Bay and Clearwater from my room on the 19th floor.

They did seem under staffed at check in time, but I am not sure if that changes when converntions are in town or when cruises are departing. All I really needed anyway when I checked in was my room key.

I do agree with other reviewers that said the pool was small and kind of in a weird location on the outside third floor terrace. I do like to swim when I travel, but there was no way I was going to brave that pool in 55 degree weather and 15 MPH winds.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business