“Adequate, not overly impressive.”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center
Ranked #41 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Davie, Florida
“Adequate, not overly impressive.”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Although this hotel offers a nice breakfast and happy hour, I have to say that for the rate we paid, I was not overly impressed. At check-in, I did not feel warmly welcomed. Our room, although clean, had stains on the carpet; but we had a nice view of the water from our bedroom window. The entire hotel looks like it could use updating. After staying at so many Marriott's over the years, I don't think I will become an Embassy Rewards member.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Jason B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Linda B,
Thank you for choosing Embassy Suites Tampa-Downtown during your recent trip to Tampa. I appreciate you taking the time to post a review of your stay with us.
I have noted your comments and apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. I would like to assure you we pay careful attention to feedback such as you have provided, taking immediate steps to correct any deficiencies. I would therefore hope that your experience on this visit would not dissuade you from staying with us again if your plans bring you to Tampa.
We hope to have the opportunity to restore your confidence in Embassy Suites Tampa-Downtown.
Jason Bowers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Largo, United States
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Met a friend halfway for a Vaping convention in Tampa, and we split the cost of the room. Early check in fee was waived! Room was great. Connected walkway to the convention center was the selling point for me. Next day after check out our bags were held so we could enjoy more of the convention without the hassle of having to find other parking. Staff was Great. Overall, fantastic stay!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Thank E. Sebastian H
Dear E Sebastian H,
I am very pleased to read you felt welcome at Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to share your feedback of your experience. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Oxford, Mississippi
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

In Tampa to attend meetings at downtown convention center and found the Embassy Suites to be very convenient with an elevated walkway to the convention center. Valet parking was simple and quick both on arrival and departure. Hotel check-in was fast and efficient and we were in our room with no issues. Room clean and fresh. Of course, the complimentary breakfast and the evening reception were both well done! Location on the water with great walking opportunities! No complaints and definitely would recommend staying here!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Joe M,
I am very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay at Embassy Suites Tampa-Downtown. Thank you for sharing your favorite aspects and for acknowledging our efforts to ensure no detail is missed in regards to making your stay comfortable.

I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you and your family's return in the near future.
florida
Reviewed March 1, 2014

My wife and I drove over from Melbourne Bch, to catch a hockey match. My wife is a huge Red Wings fan (From Sweden) and most of the wings are from Sweden. Anyway, the choice was between the Marriott and Embassy Suites. This choice was based on just an overnight place to stay, to avoid driving 2.5 hours back home. The Embassy Suites was ~ $30.00 less expensive than the Marriott, and was the same distance away from the rink. Check–in was smooth, however; there was only another couple in line. I did notice that about a ½ hr., later, there were about 10 people in line, and still only one clerk. The clerk was friendly, and very helpful. It was raining when we arrived, and I jokingly asked him if they rented out umbrella, and he handed us two free umbrellas from behind the desk! When we arrived to the room, I noticed that there was no Wi-Fi. I called downstairs, and was given a coupon code/password, so I could have Wi-Fi free for the night. The room itself was huge, a little outdated, but clean!
We walked across the street to the Marriott where friends were staying, and the place was packed. I checked out the rooms, and they were smaller, but really nice. We also heard that the visiting teams stay at the Marriott, and the RedWing Players were walking around the lobby. My wife would have loved that!!! What we liked the most was that you could literally walk back to the hotel in between periods, and not miss a thing. The hotel is that close. What we did not like is that the bar closed really early, Midnight I think, and they didn’t really have any munchies. Also, no one likes to pay $20 bucks for parking!

Anyway, if I were staying for more than two nights, I would stay at the Marriott, otherwise, this hotel was perfect for a one night hockey stay!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear stratthewaterrat,
Thank you for choosing Embassy Suites Tampa-Downtown for your recent visit. I am very pleased to read you enjoyed the hotel as well as the location and I appreciate you taking the time to recommend your experience on TripAdvisor for these reasons.
Sarasota, FL, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 1, 2014

This hotel is a joke. You pay nearly $200 a night and they don't provide free wifi. On top of that, they charge more than $20 a day to park your car, and if you don't leave by 2:00 p.m. the charge you an additional $13.00 in parking.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Daniel D,
Thank you for your review of your recent stay, I respect your candor. We strive for personalized experience for each of our guests, actively looking for ways keep costs low and offer enhanced services for comfort and convenience. I appreciate your review regarding parking costs and will take this opportunity to reevaluate our offerings. We hope we'll have another chance to serve you, should your business travels bring you back to our area.

Kind regards,
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed February 26, 2014

great location for a Lightning game, nice walking paths. Good restaurants within walking distance too. Able to walk to the marina (couple of blocks).

We stayed in a corner suite on the 18th floor. Absolute bliss. Very quiet- away from the elevator, beds were nice, linens good, and CLEAN. Housekeeping was great. Room had a wonderful view of the canal and the Hockey Rink. Wouldn't stay this high up with small children....looking down to the lobby, even with railings made me nervous.

Breakfast was very good, and was a good value. Happy hour was decent too. Wine was mediocre, but who can complain about free cocktails??

Would stay here again for a convention.

Room Tip: corner suites on high floors for quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Jason B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Dear ABurns,
Thank you for choosing Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown for your recent stay.

I would also like to thank you for taking the time to post your positive review. I am very pleased to read that your expectations were exceeded and to learn that our staff treated you well and you were happy with your accommodations.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to visit us again in the near future.
Riverview, United States
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Great hotel location, but skip the restaurant...food is awful. Hotel staff is freindly, and even though we had to make multiple calls to the front desk to get a crib delivered it was a great place to stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Dear Erik S,
Thank you for choosing Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown and for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. I am very pleased to read how much you enjoyed the comfort of your room and location. I am also happy to read you regard the service you received as excellent. I was of course concerned to learn that your experience in Trolleys left you to feel disappointed.

I appreciate you sharing your feedback as we welcome constructive comments as an opportunity to improve our facility and services. I do hope you will allow us the occasion to restore your confidence in our hotel and trust you will find an improvement upon your next stay.