Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center
Ranked #41 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Conveniently located next to Convention center. Complimentary breakfast cooked to order. Complimentary Manager's reception with wine, beer, well drinks. Heated outdoor pool on third floor with view of downtown Tampa. Nice suite. Valet parking only, with limited clearance in garage. My 20' camper van (8'4" tall) had nowhere to be parked, and spent the entire time in their driveway.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Jason B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear William J-

Thank you for choosing Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown for your recent stay and for recommending your experience on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations on your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed here for three nights (7/8-7/11), Unfortunately that coincided with the Justin Bieber concert so it was quite chaotic. I will state my facts with the property. The good: clean rooms, nice toiletries, good breakfast. The bad: Tiny pillows, very uncomfortable. I believe it's a chain wide problem as we just stayed in Puerto Rico and the same issue was encountered. Parking will set you back about $25 per night. Wi-Fi is outrageously priced at over $14 per night PER DEVICE! So if you do the math and you're a family of four with everyone needing the internet you're looking at almost $60 PER NIGHT extra!!!! (ridiculous) The breakfast buffet was good, but one thing is for sure, be on time, they don't play around. They are very punctual to close everything down and take all the serving utensils away so that you cannot grab any food once the closing time arrives! When I went to check out the lady at the front desk who's name tag read Lala was very rude. Not even a "good morning", "how was your stay?" She just handed me a copy of my bill and said "there you go!" I won't be back to this nor any other embassy. There are too many other good choices.

2  Thank plopez76657
Jason B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear P Lopez-

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Arrived late but was very happy with my room and the morning breakfast.

Fast internet and a comfortable bed made the stay even shorter (up too late, slept too well.)

Lastly the shower was like a strong rain. Great to wash the travel grim off and get the day started right.

Parking is valet ONLY. Not a huge deal, but $22 bucks is $22 bucks (plus tip.)

Room Tip: Go high or go home. Great views.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank David F
Jason B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear David F,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown on TripAdvisor and for choosing to spend your time with us. I am very happy to read you enjoyed the service you received, our facilities.

I do hope you will be returning to visit us again; we certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Staff could have been more friendly and sympathetic to our needs. Our toilet broken and had to move without any assistance to new room. Upon checking in staff would not let us check in early and offered no help with baggage. Overall room great and clean.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Jason B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown. We value all forms of guest feedback as an opportunity to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests.

I am of course very concerned to learn that your experience fell short of your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies that you were left to feel disappointed with the check in process.

I would like to assure you that we pay careful attention to feedback such as you have provided, taking immediate steps to correct any deficiencies. I would therefore hope that your experience on this visit would not dissuade you from staying with us again if your plans bring you to Tampa.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

very good always and I always look forward to staying at the embassy. the quality of service and food make the trip very pleasurable. the location and the employees are always exceptional helpful and polite

1  Thank Phyllis W

Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Its hard to go wrong with this chain, and this hotel is no exception. The hotel is exceptionaly clean and well cared for located adjacent to the convention center.

The rooms are well appointed with mini refrigerators and a microwave oven. The coffee maker actually makes good coffee! Rare. The beds a very comfortable and the rooms have a separate living room. Nice for entertaining.

The breakfast buffet is the best in the business! Omelets made to order, and a ton of other choices! Just awesome!

This chain is quickly becoming my favorite!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Wyomingdan

Dear Wyomingdan,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown on TripAdvisor and for choosing to spend your time with us. I am very happy to read you enjoyed the service you received and our facilities.

Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Simply the worst Embassy Suites I have ever stayed in!
Came here on vacation with my wife, daughter and twin grand daughters expecting a great time.
When we drove up I wanted to get our room, grab lunch then unload our car. The bellman ignored me and quickly unloaded our car. Note: You must use valet parking @ $22 a night.
We went to our rooms and after the bellman dropped off our bags the daughter's room lock failed and it took well over an hour for her to get back into her room.
The fridg in our room was not working reported it to front desk nothing happened to resolve issue.
Sat down in easy chair in daughters room and it was in such bad shape my butt nearly hit the floor.
Bath rooms so poorly cleaned my wife had to take a wash cloth and clean tooth paste off lavatory sink faucet from previous guest.
Managers evening reception was a joke. All 3 of the snack bowls were empty when we arrived hafeway through the 2 hour period. When another guest asked the bar tender he said the person who was responsible was off somewhere else and directed the guest to see if she could find him.
This hotel is in a great location but it is in great need of an Hilton corporate intervention if it is to survive.
I have cancelled my reservation to stay here in November I will stay elsewhere in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. I appreciate your candor regarding the condition of your room and experience; we look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest suite appearance is an area we are actively examining. The level of service you received has been addressed and we will be working to improve our provided guest experience. You should have also received two complimentary nights on your folio at check out. Thank you!