“Toilet broken and could not check in early” 4 of 5 bubbles

Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center
Ranked #36 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Jacksonville, United States
“Toilet broken and could not check in early”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Staff could have been more friendly and sympathetic to our needs. Our toilet broken and had to move without any assistance to new room. Upon checking in staff would not let us check in early and offered no help with baggage. Overall room great and clean.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Jason B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown. We value all forms of guest feedback as an opportunity to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests.

I am of course very concerned to learn that your experience fell short of your expectations. Please accept my sincere apologies that you were left to feel disappointed with the check in process.

I would like to assure you that we pay careful attention to feedback such as you have provided, taking immediate steps to correct any deficiencies. I would therefore hope that your experience on this visit would not dissuade you from staying with us again if your plans bring you to Tampa.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Gainesville, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

very good always and I always look forward to staying at the embassy. the quality of service and food make the trip very pleasurable. the location and the employees are always exceptional helpful and polite

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Phyllis W
Thank you for choosing Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown for your recent stay and for recommending your experience on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations on your next visit.
Mansfield, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Its hard to go wrong with this chain, and this hotel is no exception. The hotel is exceptionaly clean and well cared for located adjacent to the convention center.

The rooms are well appointed with mini refrigerators and a microwave oven. The coffee maker actually makes good coffee! Rare. The beds a very comfortable and the rooms have a separate living room. Nice for entertaining.

The breakfast buffet is the best in the business! Omelets made to order, and a ton of other choices! Just awesome!

This chain is quickly becoming my favorite!

1 Thank Wyomingdan
Jason B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Wyomingdan,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown on TripAdvisor and for choosing to spend your time with us. I am very happy to read you enjoyed the service you received and our facilities.

I do hope you will be returning to visit us again; we certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Simply the worst Embassy Suites I have ever stayed in!
Came here on vacation with my wife, daughter and twin grand daughters expecting a great time.
When we drove up I wanted to get our room, grab lunch then unload our car. The bellman ignored me and quickly unloaded our car. Note: You must use valet parking @ $22 a night.
We went to our rooms and after the bellman dropped off our bags the daughter's room lock failed and it took well over an hour for her to get back into her room.
The fridg in our room was not working reported it to front desk nothing happened to resolve issue.
Sat down in easy chair in daughters room and it was in such bad shape my butt nearly hit the floor.
Bath rooms so poorly cleaned my wife had to take a wash cloth and clean tooth paste off lavatory sink faucet from previous guest.
Managers evening reception was a joke. All 3 of the snack bowls were empty when we arrived hafeway through the 2 hour period. When another guest asked the bar tender he said the person who was responsible was off somewhere else and directed the guest to see if she could find him.
This hotel is in a great location but it is in great need of an Hilton corporate intervention if it is to survive.
I have cancelled my reservation to stay here in November I will stay elsewhere in the area.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. I appreciate your candor regarding the condition of your room and experience; we look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest suite appearance is an area we are actively examining. The level of service you received has been addressed and we will be working to improve our provided guest experience. You should have also received two complimentary nights on your folio at check out. Thank you!
Grand Prairie, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

Very clean affordable room with a courteous staff and great location. The breakfast omlets made to order are a great way to start the day! I've been staying at this facility during business trips dating back to 2007 and have found they have kept up their high standards both in appearance of rooms and friendlness of staff members. Really a great place to stay at an affordable, budget friendly price!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Richard K
Thank you for choosing Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown for your recent stay.

I would also like to thank you for taking the time to post your positive review. I am very pleased to read that your expectations were exceeded and to learn that our staff treated you well and you were happy with your accommodations.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to visit us again in the near future.
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

I like Embassy suites hotels and they're great for a family of 4. But the manager's special and the breakfast were way too crowded. crammed in with too few seats and the lights too bright, made a wonderful breakfast a mediocre experience. Also it seems ridiculous to pay for wireless internet and valet parking. Everyone was very nice
though.

1 Thank Jopoloco
Dear Jopoloco,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown.
I sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding your stay. All guest feedback allows us the opportunity to improve our services and facilities and we readily welcome both positive and constructive comments.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

Upon arrival on this business evening I was suprised by a noisy teenage crowd for an upcoming concert next door. After having to wait for 3 of the 4 elevators(one broken) 15minutes and then ride to the 15th floor packed in like sardines I opened the door to the room and took a whiff. The musty odor was overwhelming and I started to get nauseous and then called downstairs for another room. They volunteered to send up an "ozone machine" along with equipment to deodorize the room, as if it was a routine practice at this hotel. The health department needs to have testing down on this facility as some of the room are fit for human habitation. Spoke with other guests who had to relocate as well.
I reluctantly requested another room and then relocated and was trapped for the weekend as the Marriott across the street was sold-out. Every elevator ride up and down was a good 10min or more and packed dangerously inside and overcrowded. The place was a madhouse at breakfast with over 20 people in line to get in (had to jump the concrete barrier) and then had verbal altercations with other guests to muscle my way in line for an omelette (another 15minute wait) while being late to my meeting. I had to wait up to 15minutes for the valet to pick up my car the 1st time. The 2nd time I had to complain to the manager while the one valet could not find somebodies keys and there were 8 people in line delayed for up to 15minutes. You can go across the street and party 9.50 per the 24hr period and not have the hassle of dealing with valets The walls are paper-thin and you can hear doors slamming and toilets throughout the evening. At over $100.00 per night and a whopping $22.00 for parking the place is a disaster and a very poor choice for accommodations in Tampa.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank worldtraveler34645
We pride ourselves in providing each and every guest with a high quality experience and it seems we have fallen short during your recent stay. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to you while staying with us. I will follow up with my team immediately to ensure we take all necessary steps to make sure this does not happen in the future. Thank you again for sharing.