“Pleasant surprise!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #39 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Pleasant surprise!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

This is my first review.
i had the most pleasing surprise when checking in.

i was greeted by Sam, the Bell Man who gladly helped me with all my luggage we brought to the convention.

Then at the front desk by the manager who gave us a nice welcome.

You can feel how important customer service is at this hotel on every step you make.

The manager gave me a medallion and told me to award it to the employee who really make my stay enjoyable.

I knew right away it would be Sam who really goes out of his way to help in any way he can.

To our surprise when we came to our room tonight a big bottle of sparkling wine was waiting for us to celebrate our anniversary compliments of the hotel!!!!.

This is our second night and so far we are very pleased!

Room Tip: High floor has nice view.
1 Thank Shimoncherie
Jason B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for choosing Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown for your recent stay and for recommending your experience on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations on your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

The staff have it together @ this hotel, courteous attentive & very professional, a pleasure to stay @ this hotel. The view & amenities are top notch. Very convenient to the Convention center. The breakfast was more than adequate.The staff make the vist very pleasurable including front desk ladies that were there on Sunday.STAFF DESERVE A RAISE

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was helpful! I will be sure to share your comments with them. I hope you will return should your travels bring you back this way.
Honolulu
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

Spent two nights at the Embassy Suites Downtown Convention Center in Tampa. This was 2 days prior to a large convention in Tampa, so the hotel was crowded. The room was fine, comfortable, but some of the other advertised amenities was less than what I expected. The good, the cooked to order breakfast was excellent. There was an omelet station, and steam table with scrambled eggs, link sausage, bacon and home fries. Pancakes and oatmeal were also offered with yogurt, fruit, juices, toast, bagels, No complaints there. The also advertise a "manager's reception" in the evening with appetizers. Chips, salsa and pretzels were the only offering. Drinks at the bar were reduced but I didn't partake. Another sore spot was the WiFi. $15 per day. To access WiFi, I went across the street to the Marriott which had free WiFi in their lobby. You'd think they have WiFi in the lobby. Another sore spot was the so called business center -- a caged room with a few computers and a printer but it's kind of hard to print boarding passes when the printer is out of order. So a mixed bag of experience -- a nice room but not so nice with amenities, except for the breakfast.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Jason B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your business travels to the area. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast buffet selections and have shared your compliments with our culinary team. I regret to hear that you were disappointed by some of the amenity charges. We're always looking for ways to keep costs low without sacrificing quality amenities and services. Your feedback lets me know that we need to reevaluate our current offerings and make some changes. Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope you'll come back to see our improvements.
Wheaton, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

Enjoyed our stay before our cruise. Hotel was beautiful. Rooms spaceous. Free breakfast was wonderful. Will stay here again if in the area. We walked to the cruise port cause it was that close. The riverwalk is nice. Street car/Trolley right outside of hotel to take you to Ybor City and many other places.

Room Tip: Any room at this hotel would be great, we were with two other couples, and their rooms were in diffe...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown. Hope to see you return in the near future.
Tucson
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

I just spent 4 days at this hotel.for a convention. It is very convenient and close to the convention center. When I arrived, the front desk clerks were snippy and rude. When we got to our room, we had to call housekeeping for facial tissue and toiletry items. The next day, we had to call for clean towels. The same snippy clerks were on the front desk and just as snippy. Finally, on the 3rd day they had very nice helpful front desk clerks. They were very nice and finally we felt like we were in an Embassy Suites. The rooms are smaller than other Embassy Suites I have stayed in. The breakfast is great, but Trolley's is nothing to get excited about. This is the worst Embassy Suites I have stayed in.

Room Tip: We had a corner room so all the windows were on outside walls instead of the inner corridor.
1 Thank AZTraveler70
Jason B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
I am very sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are sorry for the poor level of service you received. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience and your review has provided valuable insight. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Again we apologize for the inconveniences and we hope you will consider giving us another chance
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here three nights before a cruise and loved the location. Lots to see within walking distance and loved taking the trolley to Ybor City and Channelside. The breakfast was super, the front desk very helpful and loved Trolley's cafe! Our only problem and I didn't notice it until the first morning as I was getting ready to take a shower, there was hair, quite a bit on the corner of the floor, by the bathtub. After our room was cleaned that day it was still there. I saw the maid in the hall and she said she would take care of it. We went out for the evening and I didn't check until the next morning and it still had not been cleaned up. I called the manager and he said the maid had told him she took care of it. He came and looked at it and went and got the cleaning cart and cleaned it himself.
The room and hotel were very clean, other than this. I would most certainly stay there again and would surely recommend this hotel.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
I am very pleased to learn of your positive impressions after your stay with us at the Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown. I am also thrilled that you had a pleasant time at Trolley's during your visit. Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor and for recommending our hotel.
Summerville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

I arrived at the Embassy Suites on Feb 1, it was my second stay at this hotel. Pulled up to the valet and they were nothing but friendly and nice. Very helpful with unloading my luggage and the bell hop bringing it up to my room was friendly as well. I loved staying here the first time because of the rooms and the Starbucks they have inside of the hotel. The room was clean, bed was a king bed which was comfortable and I have to say it was one of the best nights sleep I had in a hotel ever. Quiet and peaceful. The rooms Refrigerator was a little to cold so it froze a salad I had in there, not a big deal. The breakfast is by far the best breakfast that is included I have had at a hotel which offered it.
In the evening there is a Managers reception with free drink and chips and dip. All was good. They have a small restaurant/bar in the hotel I did not eat or drink there. If you are planning to go to an event at the Tampa Bay Time Forum which I went to a hockey game its the perfect hotel to stay, right up the street from the arena.
I would definitely recommend this hotel as a stay because I know I will be back!

Room Tip: If you have a car its a $22 a night fee to park it at the hotel. Also internet service is $14.95 a n...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo