“Bridge walk to convention Ctr”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center
Ranked #41 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Suwanee, Georgia
“Bridge walk to convention Ctr”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

If you're in town for a convention is the most convenient and the one to less likely to get caught in a flash rain. Street Car stop right in front so very convenient to YBOR City where there are plenty of restaurants and bars. Centro YBOR is one of the stops on the street car.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Jason B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown. As you mentioned, our location is conveniently located adjacent to the Tampa Convention Center via a skybridge and just minutes from great restaurants in Ybor City. Hope to see you return in the near future. Safe travels.......

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Was happy to again stay at an Embassy Suite as the rooms and room facilities are excellent. We asked for a room with a water view and were not disappointed. We needed internet access and were told that we would have to pay $14.95 per night. Tip - buy a coffee at Starbucks located in the hotel complex and you get free internet for 2 hours, we had the internet access for 3 nights.

I have learnt as "a not very experienced American traveller - that downtown is exactly that - you are in the business district so no fantastic shopping. We were staying at this hotel in transit, waiting for my husband to arrive from Australia so we could begin our family holiday - we had already been in the States for 2 weeks for Jump Rope competitions, so I chose this hotel location thinking there would be lots to do. We took a tram ride to Ybor City and during the day - definately not worth visiting, lots of tattoo palours, bars and not much else. The Aquarium a couple of blocks away is worth a visit if you have kids. As for shopping we went the the International Shopping Mall near the airport - costs about $20 each way, but it is a shopaholics paradise.

All in all would stay with any Embassy Suite - highly recommended - has all the facilities you require, good breaky, gym, laundry even happy hour. Only small downside - the gym was like a sauna - too hot to even workout.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Lianne27
Thanks for your kind comments about your recent stay with us. Hope to see you return again soon. Safe travels.
Dunoon, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed here for a few nights whilst on business. Hotel and rooms are modern and well appointed. The 'suite' aspect is pretty well done with a separate room from the bedroom for working, watching TV etc-note bedroom and sitting room both have large flat screen TV's.

Service from reception was good-if not a little cheeky. I was initially given a room on the 13th floor, unusual for a hotel to have a '13th floor'-I confess I'm superstitious (irrational I know)..Anyway, my room was changed but not without the smart retort of the staff that all hotels have a 13th floor, although sometimes it isn't named as such and is the 14th floor etc-you get the picture. I begged to differ and the lady continues to argue the point, which was quite entertaining..."Sir, ALL hotels have a 13th floor, some just call it the 14th"...and so on...Until I reminded/confused her that not ALL hotels were that high-this gave me some sense of satisfaction-yes it's the small things in life!

Anyway...the bar area, is very pleasant and service attentive and good. Room service menu is limited, but food and service was prompt and quality was excellent.

A great place to stay in the centre of Tampa.

Room Tip: Avoid the 'Manager's Reception' like the plague. This is a 2 hour affair (1730-1930 eve...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Jason B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Arlington, Virginia, USA
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed here because of it's location and mainly, because of the suite like rooms, which offers more space. We were in town for a friend's bachelorette party so it offered the best bang for the buck for a group of 18. Overall, a great stay. The staff was very accommodating, average parking rates, and breakfast was amazing! The rooms are not the average Embassy Suites rooms, as in there was no kitchenete, which was a bit disappointing, and the sofa bed is not so comfortable but its manageable. But I would recommend it and stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at the Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown! So glad you were able to experience our authentic Hilton hospitality. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Reviewed August 17, 2012

This was one of my favorite Embassy Suites properties. I am an HH Silver member and have stayed at more than my share of them. It is a beautiful high rise building next to the convention center with twenty stories and great views of the surrounding areas. Ybor City and Channelside are close by. The only detractor is the mandatory $20 a night valet parking. We left the property multiple times a day and felt compelled to tip each time. The price of the parking was a substantial portion of the overall nightly fee before taxes. Just be aware of this before booking. I was aware of it beforehand but it still hurt the wallet. Overall, staff was great, the rooms were spotless, and we would stay there again. We did not try the manager's reception or the free breakfast, but those are both nice bennies. It is more of a business or couples place, not really for kids. Also, only HH gold and silver get free wi- fi...luckily I have a jet pack or that would have been yet another add on cost.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tampann
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown. Hope to see you return in the near future
Sarasota, Florida, United States
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I can't say enough about how much I LOVE this hotel. I passed by the location while attending a convention for Sysco. The aroma of Starbucks filled my senses and it looked beautiful from the outside.
I booked my stay for a conventionlast year and I was so pleased with the service, the staff, the atmosphere and the room was even better! It had all the comforts of home, and I love that I wasn't just in a room with a bed. Having a separate living area and bedroom really makes a difference to me. The hotel was quiet, and the room inviting. I loved how well I slept, the free breakfast, the Starbucks coffee to warm me up on the cool morning, and had no problems with elevators as I read in a previous review.
Heading to my convention was a breeze as the St. Pete Times Forum is right next to the hotel. I reserved for this year well in advance out of excitement to stay here again!
The pool area is lovely. I enjoyed spending my afternoon breaks there. I don't see that it's size was a problem at all. I thought its design was really cool and posted pictures on my Facebook wall. Who needs an Olympic sized pool? The pool is not on ground level so sounds of traffic or noise weren't an annoyance. It is an outdoor pool, which is a perk! I do not like indoor pools when I can bask in the Florida sun with a book.
I just called to confirm my trip for October and the woman took all of my special requests with a cheerful spirit. I am happy knowing my arrival is all set for the Joyce Meyer Conference. I will book here every year to come as they do not dissapoint!
Lastly, I totally respect the responses to posts from the Manager. Many other hotels and resorts do not pay attention to what people are posting (like my recent trip to Orlando). You don't skip a beat Embassy Suites! I am happy to be a HH member! Counting the days to my getaway...

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Jason B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Thank you for choosing Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown for your recent stay and for recommending your experience on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us and that you are returning. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations once again. We very much value your feedback and appreciate your kind words.
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Stayed at this hotel while doing college visits with my daughter and we loved it. Beautiful rooms, great service, good location, within walking distance to an area full of restaurants, cafes, bars, it was a shame we only stayed one night. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your continued loyalty to the Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown and for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I sincerely appreciate your comments.