“Can't wait to come back in October!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center
Ranked #40 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Sarasota, Florida, United States
“Can't wait to come back in October!”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I can't say enough about how much I LOVE this hotel. I passed by the location while attending a convention for Sysco. The aroma of Starbucks filled my senses and it looked beautiful from the outside.
I booked my stay for a conventionlast year and I was so pleased with the service, the staff, the atmosphere and the room was even better! It had all the comforts of home, and I love that I wasn't just in a room with a bed. Having a separate living area and bedroom really makes a difference to me. The hotel was quiet, and the room inviting. I loved how well I slept, the free breakfast, the Starbucks coffee to warm me up on the cool morning, and had no problems with elevators as I read in a previous review.
Heading to my convention was a breeze as the St. Pete Times Forum is right next to the hotel. I reserved for this year well in advance out of excitement to stay here again!
The pool area is lovely. I enjoyed spending my afternoon breaks there. I don't see that it's size was a problem at all. I thought its design was really cool and posted pictures on my Facebook wall. Who needs an Olympic sized pool? The pool is not on ground level so sounds of traffic or noise weren't an annoyance. It is an outdoor pool, which is a perk! I do not like indoor pools when I can bask in the Florida sun with a book.
I just called to confirm my trip for October and the woman took all of my special requests with a cheerful spirit. I am happy knowing my arrival is all set for the Joyce Meyer Conference. I will book here every year to come as they do not dissapoint!
Lastly, I totally respect the responses to posts from the Manager. Many other hotels and resorts do not pay attention to what people are posting (like my recent trip to Orlando). You don't skip a beat Embassy Suites! I am happy to be a HH member! Counting the days to my getaway...

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Jason B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, August 18, 2012
Thank you for choosing Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown for your recent stay and for recommending your experience on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to learn you enjoyed your stay with us and that you are returning. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back and hope to exceed your expectations once again. We very much value your feedback and appreciate your kind words.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Stayed at this hotel while doing college visits with my daughter and we loved it. Beautiful rooms, great service, good location, within walking distance to an area full of restaurants, cafes, bars, it was a shame we only stayed one night. Definitely would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your continued loyalty to the Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown and for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I sincerely appreciate your comments.
Rochester, New York
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Stayed overnight before our cruise. Had almost an entire day to explore downtown Tampa area. Very nice hotel and staff. Our package included a shuttle to the cruise terminal. The kids liked their pool but it was long and narrow.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Jason B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown. Hope to see you return in the near future. Safe travels.......
JAX904
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We stayed here for the weekend and had a great time at this hotel. The hotel has valet parking, which is an extra $20 bucks a day, but from what hear (don't know for sure, but you'll have to check for yourself) you can park in one of the garages next door, but it is not secure like the valet parking garage the hotel offers. This particular hotel has 20 floors, and we stayed on the 10th floor. We stayed on the "bay" side, closest to the Convention Center, and we could still hear traffic from below.

The rooms were clean, but there were rust marks on the towel racks and hard water stains on the water fixtures. Not a big deal, but worth pointing out. The beds were extremely comfortable. In the suite we had, it had a pull out bed in the living area, with a dining table, and a small wet bar, including microwave and refridgerator. Two large televisions were also in the room.

They have a breakfast area that serves hot and cold breakfast, and omlettes made to order. During the evening, they have a Managers Special that serves beverages for free. There is also a restaurant there if you decide not to leave the hotel.

Around the area there are other eateries, and just in front of the hotel is a stop for the Trolley which will take you as far as Ybor City. The Trolley will stop near the Aquarium and a mall area, along with where the cruise lines pick up passangers.

The hotel is right next to the Convention Center, which has an overhead walkway so you don't have to cross traffic. On the other side is the Arena.

The pool is narrow and long and is on the third floor. It's small considering the size of the hotel, but is useable.

Overall, this is a nice place to stay if you are staying in downtown Tampa, accessible to a lot of different venues. It is approximately 6 miles from Busch Gardens, which was great for us, because we didn't have to drive around too much for the time we spent down there.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the North side of the hotel... you may not have that great of a view, but you...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Jason B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown! So glad you enjoyed the complimentary Manager’s Reception and our “free, cooked-to-order breakfast”, available at all Embassy Suites. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I work, and have stayed at my share of Embassy Suites, and this one... Not that bad! Front Desk staff (which is what I do for my Embassy) was very pleasant. The cleanliness of the hotel, very nice! Rooms, could have been a bit more in working condition (toilet kept running all night, sink drain was broken) but can't really complain! Would I stay here again? Absolutely!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Alwaysnick
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed July 31, 2012

The last time I stayed here was 2008, but it is still a nice hotel.

It is close to the convention center, including having a sky bridge for those who want to dodge the trolley.

The pool is open all night, which is a good thing for those who was a late night dip.

As far as the food goes, the casual restaurant, Trolleys, had a decent fare, but it's the breakfast that makes it worth the price. Or, if you want something quick, the Starbucks cafe is good Starbucks quality.

I don't drink, but the lobby has a nice lounge and even has themed drinks based on events at the convention center or the arena.

The rooms are spacious and comfortable, but it's tough when it comes to the hotel's main flaw: The elevators.

There are only four elevators in the hotel, but they are not together, they are divided into 2 pairs. If you're high up, waiting for one can take up to 10 minutes or more.

Other than this, it's a nice hotel and worth staying in.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the lower floors so you're not waiting for the elevators for a while.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank ShadowWolfZ
Jason B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
While I appreciate your taking the time to provide such a detailed account of your experience at our hotel, I am very sorry for your dissapointment with the elevators. I do hope you will accept my apologies for your disappointment in our elevators. I intend to share your comments with our management staff to ensure other guests are not subjected to similar occurrences. Your experience certainly does not in any way represent the quality of standards we strive to, and indeed customarily maintain at the Embassy Suites Tampa Downtown. I am glad to hear that you otherwise enjoyed your stay at our Embassy Suites. Hope to see you return in the near future. Safe travels.......
Greece
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Hotel is in a great location - next to the convention center overseeing the bay and Harbour Island. Just outside the hotel you can pick up the tram to Ybor City and you can wack to Channelside. The rooms are spacy are clean and modern. I just love hotel rooms that look like small appartments; when you are staying long especially you don't feel cramped but just like home. The breakfast is complimentary and so does the afternoon manager's reception where you can relax and enjoy a drink!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Jason B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Tampa - Downtown Convention Center, responded to this review, August 3, 2012